Jr. Designer-Ladies Apparel
Founded in 1982, and with deep roots in the textile industry since 1921, Intradeco has grown into a global vertical manufacturing company, supplying quality casual clothing and thermal underwear to major retailers in the United States, Mexico, and Canada. At Intradeco, we provide a holistic approach to apparel manufacturing, encompassing all stages from ideation phase to final product distribution. Our vertical integration, combined with our lean manufacturing capability, allows us to respond quickly to market demands, handle direct-to-store and replenishment programs, and offer unique flexibility to our customers.Main Job Responsibility
Research, create, develop, design, and present products based on market research and customer expectations while supporting our vertical manufacturing and global sourcing capabilities. Partner with Design/Merchandising teams, Sales, and liaison with Sourcing/Product Development teams.Job Duties
- Research trends, conduct market comparisons, and create color palettes by season- be able to spot trends and apply them to our customer's needs. Consistently be in the market assessing current and emerging trends.
- Interpret and design technical sketches and visual CADs for style representation. Maintain the CAD and technical sketches; ensure they are up to date based on changes with cross-functional teams.
- Create trend presentations by category seasonally and present them to customers, utilizing proto samples, fabric selections, market silhouette representation, and partnering with sales/merchandising and textile managers. Partner with cross-functional team on presentation set-up and meeting materials/agenda.
- Set the direction for the Women’s Activewear business. Ensure all materials for presentations are completed and accurate. Review with Design/Merchandising team, Sales, and cross-functional Product Development teams for sign-off.
- Manage sample development with cross-functional teams (merchandising, sales, technical design, production teams, textile manager, and product development team). Responsible for customer samples meeting expectations.
- Track samples and strike-offs to ensure accurate and on-time sample development. Manage and partner with Merchandising, Textile Manager, and Product Development team on problem-solving issues that arise in missing due dates and cost options.
- Develop and prepare artwork for production- Recolor and adjust artwork, create pitches for production and render in 2D and 3D. Partner with Sr. Graphics Manager and technical design.
- Partner with Merchandising on communicating with external customers in product development. Responsible for follow-up on design-related items and communicating needs to cross-functional teams.
- Support technical team with 3D renderings; work with 3D designs for presentations, CADs, and customer needs.
- Manage team’s adherence to calendar deadlines and problem solve to make deadlines. Ensure teams know of deadlines and are checking in on progress and giving solutions to hit deadlines.
- Support Textile Manager in fabric development guidance relating to the Women’s Activewear market through market research and competitive analysis.
- Collaborate with peers to create synergies in the Design Department.
- Review and manage sample purchases for each season for owned categories.
- Research new printing techniques based on market analysis and partner with the product development team.
- Drive process improvements in the area of product development allowing for more effective and cost-efficient programs.
- 2-4 years of related work experience
- Bachelor of Arts degree; Bachelor of Fine Arts; Graphic Design is a plus
- Excellent Illustrator skills, and proficiency in Photoshop
- Working knowledge of patternmaking and technical design
- Working knowledge of screen printing, techniques, and sublimation
- Knowledge of textiles, 3D design, and PLM systems a plus
- Experience in Activewears
Powered by JazzHR