Jr. Technical Designer
Located onsite at our HQ inKenosha, WI
, the fashionJr. Technical Designer
will support the Sr. Technical Developer and Director of Technical Design in block development, innovation and standardization.
For more than 140 years, Jockey has been providing families with quality and comfort they can trust, and will continue to be there for generations to come. The inspirational stories of our everyday heroes exemplify our values of authenticity, courage, hope and family.
Jockey is committed to quality and innovation, and the passionate pursuit to satisfy the human need for comfort continues to be the company’s hallmark. Jockey products are sold in more than 145 countries, making us one of the most well-known apparel brands around the world.
What We Stand ForJockey’s culture reflects the values of our leadership. Success is achieved through hard work, mutual respect, and offering consumers products with striking quality and style from a brand they trust. Jockey associates and Jockey products are the genuine article. Retail is where the Jockey Lifestyle Brand meets the community. We were just named one of the Dave Thomas’ Foundations' top Adoption-Friendly employers. Our non-profit 501c(3) Jockey Being Family organization helps to strengthen adoptive families in a variety of ways. We encourage our employees to take part in their community and enable them to support their volunteer passion with 40 hours of paid volunteer time annually.
In This Role You Will
- Partner on ownership with the launch team to build and deliver standardized building blocks for all of our design teams garment development – and be responsible for owning the updates to this standardized fit infrastructure as assigned
- Compile, analyze, and input information into PLM system to deliver a comprehensive Tech Pack for a maker which includes accurate measurement charts, sewing construction specifications, and sample requests for NBD products or innovation categories
- Collaborate with the Technical Design, Design and New Product Launch teams on the documentation of Jockey garment development standards
- Monitor and manage fit sessions on live model under supervision and determine necessary fit adjustments to achieve desired base fit of garments.
- Review, measure, and record, sample submissions from manufacturers to ensure integrity of garment as specified by the Tech Pack.
- Own initial building of library for 3D software. (Specs / Components)
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Design, Product Development and Patterning.
- Minimum 3 years of proven applied experience of pattern making, grading, and construction.
- Intimate Apparel/Underwear, swim, and/or athleisure of men’s or women’s product categories experience required
- Solid working knowledge of sewing techniques, stitch properties, and overall garment detail.
- Knowledge of garment fit and ability to articulate fit change recommendations.
- Working knowledge of a computerized pattern making system, Gerber Accumark a plus.
- Good interpretive skills and visually literate.
- Able to interpret design intent and create alternative solutions.
- Excellent decision making and problem solving and follow-through skills required
- Must be detail oriented with strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator.
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Solid working knowledge of PLM system.
- Full-time employment with competitive salary and benefits (including medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid vacation and holidays)
- A consistent first shift, weekday work schedule
- Onsite health & wellness programs and generous employee discounts
- Fashion-forward, business casual work environment (Jeans are ok!)
- 40 hours per year of paid volunteer time
- PTO/shut down the week between Christmas and New Year’s
Jockey International, Inc., and its subsidiaries, provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures.