Junior Apparel Designer
Huckberry is looking for a hard-working, organized, and detail-oriented Junior Designer to support the creation of consumer-focused designs of assigned house brands categories. Meeting the needs of the consumer, the market, changing landscapes and working collaboratively with cross-functional partners will be crucial to success. We are looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with a love for creating best-in-class products.
This role is based out of our headquarters in Austin, TX.
- Create and maintain sketches including concept designs, flat view technical CADs, illustrations, and color ups for assigned categories/ brands
- Create and maintain BOMs in PLM system for assigned categories/ brands
- Ownership of Line sheets: including updates for assigned categories/ brands
- Responsible for supporting seasonal inspiration, concept,
- Support with handoffs to cross-functional PD and Tech teams
- Partner with PD on the status of styles in development to ensure product execution meets design intent
- Comment on lab dips, strike-offs, and handlooms
- Assist in fittings and executing any update to tech packs and sketches
- Four -Year degree / 3+ years experience, experience in menswear and outdoor lifestyle a plus
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite Illustrator, Photoshop / highly skilled at CAD flats.
- Knowledge and proficient in PLM / PDM / or Exel to build Tech Packs
- Keen eye for detail and nuance with a strong passion for menswear, and the outdoor lifestyle as it pertains to Huckberry
- Knowledge of textiles, and garment construction
- Organized and self-motivated with the ability to multitask and work independently
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- 401(k) and employer match
- WFH flexibility
- Sabbatical Leave
- Summer Fridays
- Mental health resources
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Leave
- Volunteer Time Off
- Generous employee discount
Huckberry is a leading men's lifestyle brand and journal. Over a million guys trust us as their go-to resource for the best gear, adventure inspiration, and a lot more. We were recently named one of IAB's most disruptive consumer brands, and we've collaborated with everyone from Matthew McConaughey and Kelly Slater to brands like Lululemon and Coors. We look forward to meeting you!
Want to get know us better? Check out our:
- Journal: https://huckberry.com/journal
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Huckberryco
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/huckberry
Huckberry encourages candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are always eager to further diversify our company, and we are committed to providing an inclusive environment of mutual respect where all can flourish. All of our employment decisions are based solely on merit and business need.
Notice to California Job Applicants