Junior Buyer Beauty
Thank you for your interest in joining our team! Qurate Retail Group comprises seven leading retail brands - QVC®, HSN®, Zulily®, Ballard Designs®, Frontgate®, Garnet Hill® and Grandin Road® - all dedicated to providing a more human way to shop. Qurate Retail Group is the largest player in video commerce ("vCommerce"), which includes video-driven shopping across linear TV, ecommerce sites, digital streaming and social platforms.
We are looking for a Junior Buyer to join our fantastic Beauty team, it's a dynamic and diverse role and when we say that no two days are ever the same we are not kidding!
There's a lot to get passionate about as you will work with some phenomenal Brands, including Elemis, Liz Earle and Murad, whilst helping us to constantly improve on our range.
Alongside your team you will build the range(s) to meet sales, margin and stock targets within a specific product/category area. You will be working with the Buyer and reporting in to the Buying Manager, you will be responsible for your own brands within the area. With these you will buy and develop the ranges. You will have experience working with a beauty buying team.
Who We Are
QVC empowers shoppers with knowledge and shares insights in a lively, engaging way. We offer an ever-changing collection of familiar brands and fresh new products - from home and fashion to beauty, electronics and jewellery - and we connect shoppers to interesting personalities, engaging stories and award-winning customer service. Worldwide, QVC reaches more than 200 million homes via our 12 broadcast networks and reaches millions more via multiple streaming services, websites, mobile apps and social pages. In 2021, QVC International served 4.7 million customers and has more than 7,000 team members in the U.K., Germany, Japan, Italy, Poland and China.
- You will source, select and secure a positioned and unique product portfolio for Beauty at QVC UK to fit the long-term brand strategy, target market and meet sales targets ensuring the range is fresh, and exciting for the customer
- You will negotiate the best possible cost prices and conditions of trade for the product category you are responsible for
- You will work with the Planning, Category Merchandising, Digital and alternative channel teams to review product performance, plan and grow the product range
- Evaluate the vendor portfolio based on knowledge of market conditions and competitive environment. Regular visits to trade fairs and vendors.
- You will develop short- and long-term product/Brand strategies ensuring alignment with the Beauty department/Division strategy.
- Awareness of wider business strategies.
- Support Manager Buying with regular business reviews and strategy meetings with suppliers and brands.
- You will execute Pricing Strategy for a defined product category you are responsible for - Set initial price and margin following market and category insights and trends
- Ongoing checks and reviews of pricing following category budget and sales forecasts
- To oversee the critical path, ensuring accuracy, for the defined product category you are responsible for.
- Be accountable for a detailed brief for TSV's, Events, Key lines, new shows and Campaigns.
- Curate product to support Omni-channel and campaigns.
- You will work with planning on inventory management following the OTB process.
- Work with International partners on product and Brand strategies.
- To regularly meet/partner with suppliers to review product performance and develop new concepts, ensuring products comply with QVC's long-term goals and quality standards. Develop brand plans and share strategy with suppliers
- To work with Buyer/ Manager Buying to develop brand Strategies, keeping up to date with new trends and competitor activity.
- You will have a background working at Assistant Buyer or Junior Buyer level
- You will have passion and experience working in Beauty with a knowledge of skincare brands.
- You will have excellent negotiation skills
#LI-KH #Hybrid, #LI-Hybrid