Junior Buyer - Beauty
Job descriptionJUNIOR BUYER - BEAUTY, SEASONAL & GIFTING - KNIGHTSBRIDGE
DeVelop a strong calendar of beauty gifting (e.g., GWP, Beauty Boxes) and seasonal products (e.g., Advent Calendar, Beauty Hampers, Corporate) for Harvey Nichols Beauty category.
Project manage the end-to-end process, source and develop packaging, assess commercial opportunity and liaise with brands and all key stake holders to drive sales & margin targets for the category.
Support the launch process through trade marketing, store and online planning.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Relationship Management with Suppliers & Internal Teams:
- Build & maintain strong relationships with suppliers alongside the Buying Manager.
- Attend key supplier meetings to contribute to new launch strategies and support plans to achieve joint business objectives.
- Interface with other Head Office departments to ensure Beauty's success, namely merchandising, marketing, media, online trade & logistics.
- Be a point of contact for store teams for seasonal buying queries including, GWP's new seasonal launches, promotions, pop-ups and ranging.
- Deputise for the Buying Manager when appropriate.
- Maximising Department Sales & Margin Opportunities:
- Record, review and analyse weekly sales information and based on this information make recommendations for relevant action.
- Prepare accurate sales & contextual information for focused internal meetings & buying appointments.
- Negotiate & deliver the best margins for the seasonal category. Include support plans for brands and post campaign reviews.
- Work alongside the merchandising team, negotiating launch buys and suggesting ways to improve our existing stock position via trade promotions.
- Work closely with marketing, logistics & online to deliver this trade driving initiative.
- Work alongside the Online Team to accelerate our online business through the gifting strategy.
- Support the Buying Manager to position Harvey Nichols as a leading luxury beauty destination.
- Researching & suggesting new seasonal concepts and ideas.
- Assist the Buying Manager and wider department teams with key strategic projects.
- Support with the production of presentations, reports, trends & ideas to develop and improve buying strategies.
- Help maintain the unique Harvey Nichols identity for beauty across all marketing, trade & content channels.
- Work cross-functionally with teams around the business to ensure that beauty is first to adopt new strategies & routes to success such as Rewards activations, ecommerce enhancements etc.
- Stores & space planning:
- Liaise with in store Department Managers on to ensure a strong representation of the gifting category.
- Review and propose space allocation for gifting and recommend display and promotional space.
- The Junior Buyer works closely with the Buying Manager. Autonomous decision-making is required in the day to day running of the category to solve immediate issues or queries with suppliers, stores and internal teams at Head Office. All major decisions are undertaken in consultation with the Buying Manager.
- Proactive & passionate about beauty, all categories.
- Commercial acumen.
- An analytical mindset driven to create new opportunities for sales.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written).
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Relationship building & negotiation skills.
- Microsoft skills including Excel & PowerPoint.
- Natural team player.
- Awareness of Harvey Nichols brand portfolio, customer, market positioning and beauty department.
- Experience working collaboratively with marketing & ecommerce teams
- Ability to build a project plan, set accountability and appropriate deadlines and ensure these deadlines are met by the appropriate stakeholders.
- Proven success as an Assistant Buyer.
- Beauty experience required, preferably within luxury.
- Experience with ecommerce preferred.
- Experience of NPD and beauty seasonal / gifting category.
Our colleagues are as important to us as our customers. When working with us you will be introduced to a huge variety of benefits including:
- Flexible working
- Very generous staff discount plus annual clothing allowanc
Since Harvey Nichols first opened in Knightsbridge in 1831, it has led the way in sourcing the most desirable and cutting-edge designer brands. The ultimate fashion experience, exclusive, niche and established labels sit alongside accessible everyday collections, offering customers the must-have edit for all their wardrobe needs - from every day to extraordinary. We are fearlessly stylish and encourage our customers and team members to be the same.