As a Junior designer, the primary function of this role is to design commercial ranges and collections for BoohooMAN across both short and medium term time frames. This is completed with clear understanding of the Boohoo customer, and to support the commercial targets of the organisation.
We're boohooMAN. Our menswear collections and ground-breaking campaigns have taken the market by storm. We want to be the world's number one streetwear brand, and our affordable and accessible looks have allowed us to push boundaries and bring the latest styles to life. We focus on our customer's style and confidence, setting trends and offering choice.
In the Design team, we make sure every brand has products they can be proud of. We design and influence everything the Group buys, so we're a vital part of each brand's identity. We're there when inspiration strikes, looking at research and future-trend forecasts to see what our customers want to buy. We want our brands to be trendsetters, and we're proud to be industry leaders with the freedom to shape our brands and push boundaries.
What you'll be doing
- Update sample development logs and trackers.
- Keep accurate records of developments actioned within team product areas in conjunction with senior team members.
- Responsible for keeping own area in a professional and tidy manor.
- Complete research for Seasonal, Boohoo and Now Trends.
- To included colour, key shapes, details, catwalks, prints and graphics.
- Complete fast trade reaction reports / boards in line with team requirements.
- Collate and distribute fabric and trim sourcing packs
- Liaises with and visit supply bases in line with business requirements.
- Build and maintain external supplier relationships
- Liaises with and visit UK and offshore suppliers in person as required
- To be flexible regarding travel Far East and UK to action and oversee developments
- Put together annotated spec sheets suitable for factory development.
- Follow up sample developments keeping track of progress.
- Build and maintain close links with the buying and design team, as well as the technical department and external sources.
- Support the design/product team in presentations and meetings.
- Alongside design team members collate business wide trend packs - including taxonomy sheets, mood boards, colour, key shapes, catwalk updates.
- Design main ranges working closely with the product team.
- Design into press and collaboration ranges as required.
- Deliver results within specified time frames in line with business requirements.
More about you
Strong design and verbal communication skills
In-depth fashion design capabilities - commercial eye
The foresight to put themselves in the shoes of the customer
The ability to keep a cool head and meet deadlines
Problem solving skills