We're New Look and we've been at the forefront of British high-street fashion since 1969. Over the last 50 years, we've grown to be a global, multichannel brand offering on-trend, value-driven fashion for women, men, girls and boys.
Our passion is feel-good fashion at feel-good prices - and we truly believe that all starts with us. Our values inspire us every day: we play to win, we're customer-obsessed and we work as one to give each and every one of our customers That New Look Feeling.
It's a busy and exciting time for the brand and we're on the hunt for a Junior Merchandiser to join our growing Merchandising team.
In Merchandising we are responsible for the planning and stock management of our products across all our channels and markets. We work closely with Buying on how we can maximise our profit by putting the right product, in the right stores at the right times
- Achieving department KPI's in line with strategy and department plan, maximising sales and profit
- Reviewing the category Weekly Sales and Stock Intake (WSSI), coordinating action to maximise profitability of the department and reduce risks
- Contributing to range development by ensuring the Product reflects the Brand strategy, the range is without gaps and duplication, and the season is logically and commercially thought through in line with the Critical Path
- Managing Commitment to ensure operational efficiency and stock targets are met
- Responsible for preparation and presentation of range sign offs in line with department / strategy and customer requirements
- Presenting the Departmental strategy every season along with the Buyer and Designer, including lessons learnt from previous seasons and strategy to implement going forwards
- Monitoring product groups, determining pricing strategy and price point and influencing range Building in conjunction with the Buyer
- Applying knowledge of the current competitive market place (comparative shopping)
- Ensuring in-season activity delivers planned sales, margin and terminal stock targets
- Analysing data, identifying issues and trends, interpreting results to provide recommendations to protect / maximise profit
- Managing the in-season Open to Buy (OTB) down to season/department level, flexibility and margin
- Reviewing current sales with the Buyer, reacting appropriately to maximise sales opportunity
- Customer knowledge
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to initiate, build and maintain good relationships with Branch Merchandising, Design, Buying, Quality Assurance and Suppliers
- Good presentation skills
- Team Player
The amazing people, the love of fashion, the 4pm Friday finishes - there are so many reasons to love working at New Look. We prioritise development, offering training to support your progression, so you can be at your absolute best and achieve your goals. You'll also receive these amazing benefits, to name only a few:
- 40% staff discount
- Monthly 25% off privilege vouchers for family and friends to enjoy
- Quarterly sample sales
- Season ticket loans
While we've always championed our smarter working policy, COVID has shaken things up for us. Now, our colleagues balance their time between home and office, and always in accordance with government advice - we believe this is the best way to maintain a flexible but collaborative and social way of working.
Apply now to find out more.