Job descriptionThe role
We're looking for a Junior Merchandiser to join the team here at PLT. You will be responsible for the overall planning and trading of a small department to deliver sales, markdown, terminal stock and profit plans. You will be tasked with identifying areas of opportunity or concerns and ensuring maximum product availability. You will be responsible for reporting against forecast plans and set KPIS for the department and will work cross-functionally across departments in order to build trust and influence growth within the merchandising department.
For the team at PrettyLittleThing, that weekend-every-day feeling is a perk of working for us, and it's the kind of vibe we're all used to and expect. Our unique way of working speaks for itself: we work hard, and we play hard. Here at PLT, we strive to fly the flag for love, equality, and acceptance, working to use our platform to spread nothing but good vibes. #EveryBODYinPLT is our community that is all about body positivity, equality and supporting each other.
What you'll be doing
In season category management
- Trading the sales and stock performance at category level to meet and exceed sales and KPI targets.
- Managing and reacting to sales in season by maximising sales and profit with correct rebuys, ratios etc. to ensure minimal fragmentation and mark down.
- Predicting sales forecasts, trends and maximising profits while controlling stock cover and commitment, for minimal mark down.
- Collating and presenting in-depth analysis in season, building towards seasonal strategy, framework and buy plan presentations.
- Working with the buyers to drive strategy and framework plans forward.
- Assessing sales performance of ranges, TV campaigns.
- Maintaining awareness of competitor performance and providing in depth weekly/ monthly competitor shop analysis.
- Together with the ecomms and marketing team, understand the department's performance around conversion, visits, bounce rate, search terms etc. in relation to the sales. Suggesting ways to improve via maximum search variety, exposure via position on site, splashes, and promotions and email content etc. resulting in maximum sales.
- Starting to think about Managing budgets, Wssi management, OTB management with the support of a merchandiser/ senior merch.
- Managing stock levels/ risks and distribution of stock.
- Suggesting stock promotions/price reductions as appropriate by category, reporting on their progress.
- Exit stock strategies.
Suppliers and intake
- Building relationships with manufacturers, and suppliers.
- Handling supply/production problems as they arise.
- Negotiating prices, quantities and delivery time-scales. Ensuring maximising sales by controlling the lead times on best sellers, and how suppliers prioritise their orders etc.
- Ensuring best sellers, core lines are never out of stock.
- Maximising best sellers, top 100 by forecasting sales accurately and ensuring we control the cover.
- Working with the buyers and design to deliver to the agreed buy plan and constantly monitor the progress or update any in season reviews and changes and highlighting any concerns or opportunities.
- Analyse sales figures, customers reactions and market trends to anticipate product needs and plan product ranges/stock.
- Phasing in the stock accurately, also around key events and trend launches.
- Managing the correct balance of the company financial strategy and the expectations of the customer.
- Working with ecomms to ensure we are maximising sales by displaying the product correctly.
- Remain up to date with all competitors, trends etc.
Team work and Development
- Managing, developing and motivating a merch admin on your area.
- Working proactively to challenge obstacles to develop growth in the team and the company.
To succeed here, you have to love working at pace. It's relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty - you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We're always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles.
More about you
- Advanced in excel
- Fashion focused - you could be required to attend buying trips, will be requested to understand the trends and fashions driving the sales.
- An excellent communicator - you will be required to communicate with UK on a daily basis.
- Organised individual with the ability to work to deadlines.
We know that as a company we are only as good as the people that we employ. We know our employees work tirelessly to make PLT the success it is today and in turn, we offer them some amazing benefits:
- Free parking
- 25 days holiday
- Free on-site gym with daily classes (due to current restrictions, live PT sessions)
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Company shares schemes - including a ' Save As You Earn' scheme
- 40% staff discount (including PLT, Boohoo, Boohoo MAN, Nasty Gal, Coast, Warehouse, Misspap)
- Monthly social events (including pay day drinks, Employee Appreciation Day etc.)
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme with 5% employer contribution
- Flexible working hours
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare support through the Government
- Health cash plan
- Personal development opportunities to learn and grow at work
Hybrid Working Policy
PLT offers increased flexibility with working from the office and home in the form of our smart working policy. In brief each department has a set amount of days allocated to office time and working from home to ensure you get the best of both worlds.
Here at PLT we not only embrace diversity we celebrate it! We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we're continuing to build an inclusive environment for our employees. We know we are better together, and we will continue to build a team that represents a variety of skills, perspectives, and backgrounds.
PLT want to give everybody the chance to perform their best whether that is during an interview or whilst at work. Should you require any reasonable adjustments please let the talent team know