L2 Brands is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of high-quality, custom-logo apparel, headwear and home décor serving the large and growing Collegiate, Resort/Destination, Golf and Corporate markets. For over 30 years, L2 Brands, through its League, Legacy, Ouray and Locale lifestyle brands, has created premium customized products that connect consumers with the schools, traditions, destinations and workplaces they identify with and love.
L2 Brands is deeply committed to our tight-knit, open door culture. We demonstrate this by placing creativity at the heart of everything we do, designing trend-right products, encouraging input from all levels of associates, pitching in to help others when needed and taking care of our people with great benefits. Our office motto is “Work Hard and Be Nice”, and behind that credo are L2’s Core Values of putting our customers’ satisfaction at the heart of our daily life, innovating new products and processes to win, requiring a teamwork mentality and accountability, and making a difference in both our local community as well as our factories by doing things the right way.
Summary: The Junior Merchandiser is a highly motivated individual with strong work ethic, a pulse on fashion trends, and a positive can-do attitude. This position will undertake a variety of assignments and projects in support of the apparel Merchandising Team across the collegiate, destination, and golf channels. Strong ability to multitask is a must. Reporting to Senior Merchandiser, the Junior Merchandiser will work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Sample Management: Support the Merchandising Team in areas of sample management and production. The junior merchandisers with divide and conquer the following:
- Timely organization of all samples needed for merchandising projects such as tradeshows, sales representative kits, photoshoots, marketing collateral, licensing projects, etc.
- Responsible for all sample project tasks
- Sample order entry in system or submittal to factory
- Communication and tracking of samples statuses
- Sample preparing and handling- including label creation, folding, and hanging
- Shipping of samples to sales force
- Responsible for maintaining the sample areas and showroom in the Plymouth Meeting office
- Database Maintenance; Product and Designs
- Ensure that products and graphics are ready for ordering based on launch calendar
- Collaborate with Planning team at the product level and creative art at the graphic level
- Field and remedy order entry issues from Customer Service team on a regular basis
- Assist with Merchandising team responsibilities required for photoshoots:
- Blank or decorated sample entry, prep, and handling for various shoots throughout the year
- Assisting Senior Merchandisers with the organization, styling, and execution on the days and weeks of any photoshoots. This involves steaming and prepping stylizing clothes and samples, and assistance with organization of what will be featured
- Assisting with the organization of models and keeping an organized outline of model specs
- Maintenance and
- Tasks above are for both location and in studio photoshoots
- Additional Task, including but not limited to:
- Understanding product trends through trend research and analysis- in store and digitally
- Assist in meeting prep for LSAT and Key accounts
- Attend Product Development meetings to understand product lifecycle and launch deliverables
- Collaborate with creative art team and marketing team on collateral builds
- Assist in detailed review of all sales tools, leading up to and post launch cycles.
- Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Must be able to work in various conditions: i.e. outdoors
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Able to have strong communication skills and be able to work in social environments
- Work on special projects as needed.
- Sustain effective and positive working relationships to ensure an environment that is in alignment with both the Company’s Core Values and profitability goals.
- Be an ambassador for the company, both internally and externally to help build confidence, pride and value in the company.
- Performs other duties as assigned (by functional area senior management team member).
- Collegiate course load in Fashion Merchandising, Marketing, and other related field
- Retail experience
- Outstanding time management, good judgment and ability to manage multiple priorities/deadlines with a positive can-do attitude.
- Extremely organized.
- Excellent ability to collaborate with strong communication skills both verbal and written. Understanding of the importance of cross departmental communication, and ability to work with others at all levels within an organization.
- Highly productive and a strong team player who works with a sense of urgency and hands-on approach.
- A level of self-direction and self-motivation in aligning your personal actions and areas of responsibilities within the company and understanding their fit into the bigger picture.
- Ability to cross boundaries within the organization to enhance your effectiveness and advance your objectives and achieve results.
- The ability to quickly adapt to, be accepted by and inter-relate with colleagues at all levels, particularly in a company with a very strong and rich corporate culture.
- An honest and forthright individual who is flexible, coachable, upfront and direct with direct reports, peers and management.
- Strong understanding of products offered by L2 Brands.
- Commitment to company vision/values/brand.