Founded in 1971 in Somerset, England, today Mulberry is a truly global fashion company and the largest manufacturer of luxury leather goods in the United Kingdom. Across all locations, we are united by our employee values: Be Bold, Be Open, Be Responsible, Be Imaginative.
If these are values you share, we would love you to join our team.
The Junior Merchandiser's role is to ensure that the Buying and Merchandising budgets are delivered through management of the day-to-day activities, making decisions on trading opportunities to maximise profit and provide the business with analysis of departmental, range and product performance upon which inform business decisions can be made on product ranges.
Hybrid working applies to this role, meaning you can work 50% of your time from our beautiful office in Kensington and 50% of your time from home.
Duties & Responsibilities:
International Area Management
· Participate in Trade calls, collect and champion the weekly store performance across your territory.
· Analyse weekly performance and recommend necessary actions to drive product performance across all product categories together with regional merchandising teams.
· Coordinate the flow of information across the business; communicate information from the international regions to the head office and vice versa.
· Work closely together with local merchandising teams to drive sell through and product performance KPIs.
· Conduct regular competitor reviews, understanding their offers and activities.
· Complete market visits and build strong relationships with Store Leaders and Area Managers to improve area's performances.
· Work with Visual Merchandising team on monthly drop plans; ensure store layouts are the right balance of sale trends and brand image.
· Act as the international champion within the UK head office by working collaboratively with the wider business, including Marketing, Product Management, Digital and Retail Operations.
Stock & Sales Management
· Oversee and manage the weekly flow of sales data from international regions to head office.
· Prepare and manage weekly international shipments based on KPI's, new launches and local activities.
· Prepare and provide the despatch forecast for your territory to share with central warehouse.
· Prepare and plan the IDS levels.
· Work closely with Group Planning to ensure stock is maintained at an optimum level through re-buys and re-phasing of intake.
· Monitor and control intake; ensure commitment is accurate and in line with business expectation.
· Ensure that the decision-making tools (Line forecast, retail forecast) reflect the most accurate trading position on Sales, Stock, Intake and Margin.
· Prepare monthly forecast reports, considering actual in-season performances.
· Prepare ad hoc reports of current performance; providing analysis, pro-active interpretation, communicating and recommended actions.
· Build key relationships with Customer Services, Commercial and Warehouse to optimise the flow of products within the business (deliveries, returns, recalls) to meet business objectives.
· Build and maintain seasonal reports such as sell through, PGR, budgets and communicate with relevant teams.
· Responsible for completion of markdown planning, reporting and analysis.
· Accountable for achieving seasonal Full Price sell through targets for international regions.
· Assist in planning the OTB and buying activity that takes place twice a year.
· Provide comprehensive analysis of historical performance to develop strategic plans.
· Work together with local merchandising teams on the New/Seasonal product selection and ensuring brand product strategies are rolled out globally.
· Support in the product selection for European (store/online), Men's and Women's SLG as needed.
· Responsible for organising final sign off documents for the buy .
· Manage and/or provide support on ad-hoc projects that arise within the B&M department.
· Assist the Global Merchandising Manager build the financial budgets and reforecasts.
· Understand and demonstrate the Mulberry employee values and behaviours: Be Bold, Be Imaginative, Be Open, Be Responsible
· Support Mulberry to deliver an inclusive culture, through behaving in a way that is open-minded and respectful towards others, and understanding that your views, opinions and experiences may not always be shared by your colleagues.
· Act as an ambassador for Mulberry and communicate positively about the brand.
Skills & Experience Required:
· Exceptional communication skills: ability to work effectively in a team and with wider business areas as well as external clients.
· Strong planning skills and analytical skills; numerate, logical, and pragmatic; excellent attention to detail; uses a wide range of analytical tools and techniques; demonstrates clear understanding of all stages in end-to-end planning process.
· Effective management of change; demonstrates ability to challenge and influence status quo, fosters a continuous improvement mentality, demonstrates an ability to effectively embrace change.
· Strong organisation skills, ability to effectively prioritise own time and workload to meet deadlines.
· Excellent presentation skills; ability to be clear, concise and influential whilst presenting in a formal and/or informal presentation settings.
· Advanced Microsoft Excel skills & Microsoft Office Suite.
· Experience working with Power BI, NuOrder, TXT and / or Business Objects is a bonus.