Junior Procurement Manager
At New Look, everything we do is for the love of fashion. Without following that core belief, we wouldn't be where we are now. But, what else does it take to be one of the biggest brands on the UK's high street? We think that it comes down to our employees - and our mission to be the go-to destination for men's, women's and teen's clothing and accessories.
We`re looking for aJunior Procurement Managerto join our Team based in London Support Centre.
You will assist the Senior Procurement Manager and the larger Procurement Group in this role in locating and putting into practise opportunities to maximise commercial value. While achieving stakeholder objectives in the GNFR (Goods Not for Resale) categories, you will also raise the calibre of output from the acquisition of goods, services, and works.
You'll play an important role in helping deliver the Procurement Team's targets whilst developing the necessary skills and experience to take on some direct category responsibilities eventually. You'll also play a key role in promoting best purchasing practises to improve the level of customer service and commercial value realised by Procurement.
Accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Support stakeholder commercial objectives, deliver savings targets and service improvement expectations
- Support and promote purchasing best practice across the Procurement Group
- Lead commercial projects and negotiations when assigned by the Senior Procurement Manager
- Support the Senior Procurement Manager in strategic pieces of work as part of a transformation programme and continuous improvement drive.
- Support the wider Procurement Group to promote higher commercial standards within New Look, through training and engagement initiatives.
- Management and development of supply base, spend and contract database
- Working to the procurement policy and development of supply base, to ensure New Look's commitment to ESG (Environmental, social and governance) objectives are met
- Work with stakeholders on an on-going basis to ensure their key objectives are met by being incorporated into the procurement category plans
- Agree the sourcing approach, provide market analysis and develop specifications for each project, working with internal stakeholders
- Manage the competitive tender process, including evaluating responses, leading negotiations and presenting recommendations
- Support the development of contracts and Service Level Agreements and ensure the contracts database within Bravo is always updated
- Lead implementation of key projects and ensure stakeholder and commercial objectives are realised
- Promote and lead the use of Bravo to deliver increased value
- Take ownership of personal and professional development objectives to ensure your continued growth within this role.
- Support the Head of Procurement and wider procurement team in ad-hoc work as required.
- PC skills including Excel & PowerPoint
- Project management and good communication skills
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills
- Basic understanding of contracts and keen to learn and grow
- Organised and proactive hands-on and 'can do' approach
- Critical Thinker with ability to work at a fast pace
- Able to use own initiative and multitas
- Has capacity to travel (between Weymouth and London) on an ad-hoc basis
- Basic leadership and negotiation skills
There's a lot to be excited about... we offer bonus schemes, season ticket loans, a huge staff discount of 40% and amazing deals across several different businesses.
If you're still not convinced, add these to the list:
- Competitive salary, pension matching and bonus
- Flexible working arrangements as a norm, including benefits you can choose from
- Every Friday we finish at 4pm - hello weekend!
- Learning & Development programmes to help career development
- You'll receive monthly privilege vouchers for family and friends to enjoy 25% off
- Grab yourself a bargain at our quarterly sample sales
- Receive 24/7 access to the Retail Trust, a confidential and independent service for people in retail - because your mental health is important to us!
Still want to be a New Looker? We guessed you would! Apply now to find out more.