Junior Product Developer
Safiyaa is a British luxury womenswear brand founded by Daniela Karnuts, stocked by leading luxury department stores such as Harvey Nichols, Net-a-Porter.
The creative office is based in central London, whilst the brand has its sampling and production Atelier in Tottenham, where the developments and most made-to-order manufacturing is carried out to ensure precision and high quality.
This is a unique opportunity for an Junior Product Developer to join as a key team member of a fast-growing high-end womenswear brand based in London.
You would be part of a highly motivated, close-knit team, where you would be given a lot of responsibility and opportunity to grow. This is a full-time position.
About the Role:
- Allocating work for machinists, pattern cutters in liaison with PD Manager
- Problem solving for garment finishes in liaison with the PD manager, Pattern Cutters, Machinists
- Participate in fittings, taking notes, pinning and dressing model as needed
- Update the PLM status on each style daily so that all ateliers can follow the PD status across seasons and ensure the PLM is always updated with all Safiyaa data sets.
- Tag all samples prior to and after fitting according to requirements
- Liaise with marketing and showrooms on sending and receiving collection samples and ensure sample trackers are up to date per company process
- Assist on technical fitting on standard dress form in collaboration with garment tech
- Assist production in actioning samples at the ateliers
- Recording cutting and stitching hours spent on each iteration of each style
- Responsible for the development of wholesale bespoke styles. Ensuring pattern cutter allocation and action according to production critical path
- Identifying, calling out and making recommendations to mitigate any risks/challenges identified at all stages.
- Assist in the process of packing the collection when leaving for market
- Drive the creation of PP approval presentations, liaising with Istanbul PD on fulfilling according to company goals
- Supporting Product development team with ad hoc tasks Launching carry overs with TR team , making sure TR team gets seasonal fabric colours
- Providing support to Product Development Manager with other duties as assigned
- Strong garment construction knowledge preferred
- Passionate about garment construction and finishing
- 2-3 years experience from similar role is preferred
- High attention to detail and strong communication skills
- Team player, but able to work independently
- Able to multitask and thrive working in a fast paced environment
- Fluent in English