Junior Product Manager Womenswear - M/W - Paris
Working under the direction of our Womenswear Collection Director at our design centre in the 16th arrondissement of Paris, your main tasks will be as follows:
WARP AND WEFT:
You will be responsible for developing models in our Paris workshop as well as developing models with our partners in Europe.
1. CREATION IN PLM :
- Codify the models and put all the sketches in the product sheet in PLM for the two lines created in Paris ;
- Create the product sheet in PLM for the Paris part.
2. COORDINATION WITH WORKSHOPS AND FACTORIES:
- Scheduling of designer sketch submissions;
- Taking part in the handover of sketches to the Paris and Shanghai workshops, checking all the information and discussing any questions with them;
- Receiving and preparing canvases with the Paris workshop;
- Particpation at the fittings in Paris;
- Take feedback from fittings;
- Optimise the price of each model with the technical team;
- Provide a cost estimate for each fabric produced in the Paris workshop before fitting;
- Check the quality of the garments;
- Create nomenclatures in PLM in conjunction with the sourcing manager in Paris for the coding of raw materials;
- Responsible for receiving and dispatching fabrics between workshops;
- Dispatch prototype production between the two workshops in collaboration with the sourcing manager for fabric deliveries;
- Planning prototype production launches for Shanghai and Paris;
- Responsible for the development of models, evaluation of the calculation of first draft costs;
- Responsible for development with subcontracting factories (e.g. jersey in Portugal).
3. COORDINATION WITH TECHNICIANS AND PRODUCT MANAGER IN SHANGHAI:
- Work with technicians and pattern makers to obtain information to complete bills of materials: consumption, finishes, coding, etc;
- Check all bills of materials with the technicians and pattern makers before they are sent to Shanghai.
4. COORDINATION WITH DESIGNERS IN PARIS AND SHANGHAI :
- Responsible for the Collection Plan for the 2 Paris lines with the Designers for the sketches: creation and weekly update;
- Management of the collection plan by category for each line.
5. COORDINATION WITH MARKETING :
- Provide all detailed technical information to merchandisers on fabrics and finishes for training.
You will be the coordinator between the designers in Paris and the product manager in Shanghai in charge of knitwear:
- Provide support to the knitwear designer in Paris and the product manager in Shanghai;
- Follow the swatch and canvas delivery schedule communicated by the Shanghai product manager;
- Coordination for the swatch and canvas planning of the product manager in Shanghai.
1. SON :
- Co-ordinator between the designer in Paris and the product manager in Shanghai: yarn research, knitwear requests and samples as requested by the knitwear designer;
- Communiquer orders wire and range colours product leader Shanghai according to requests designer ;
- Requests to the Product Manager in Shanghai for research into volumes and ICICLE archives and best-selling colours, as requested by the designer, so that he can use them as a basis;
- o Communication of delivery planning to the knitwear designer.
2. LAUNCH SKETCHES :
- Communicate the sketches to the product manager in Shanghai;
- Recover the information of Shanghai on the launches of the canvases and the planning of the expedition ;
- Communicate fitting comments from the knitwear designer to the Shanghai product manager for all development;
- Request sample launches and planning from the Shanghai Product Manager.
This list is not exhaustive and may change according to the Company's needs.
- Graduate of a fashion school (ESIV, ESMOD, etc.);
- You have at least one year's experience in a similar position in the luxury fashion industry, particularly in warp and weft, knitwear being a plus;
- You have a good technical knowledge of garments;
- You are passionate about product development, design and quality;
- You are keen to work as part of a team, to develop relationships based on trust, to achieve objectives (respect for the model, quality, deadlines, efficiency of collection/production processes);
- You have good listening skills to work with different contacts (manufacturers, studio, material/component developers and industrial and production departments);
- You are responsive, rigorous, committed and able to make suggestions.