The Knitwear Designer will initiate concepts each season that are fashion driven and reflective of the creative vision at Mac Duggal. We are looking for a true knitwear creative with a commercial eye. The candidate must be organized & detail oriented, proactive and adaptable to shifting priorities. The Designer will be a part of a dynamic, creative environment where they will collaborate with talented designers and cross-functional partners in the business.
- Responsible for interpreting Creative direction into innovative and high-quality designs
- Lead seasonal concept research including research on vintage sourcing, garment construction, new stitch/finishing techniques, fabric treatments, and trims ideas
- Lead sourcing of material, swatch development
- Responsible for prototype development and fit comments
- Responsible for submitting production specs
- Proposing new designs for research, sketching and material sourcing
- Researching new trims and techniques
- Seasonal material research and sourcing with suppliers and external mills
- Advice and exchange with suppliers on finishings and making of the products
Qualifications and Skills:
- 3-5 years of Experience in design for knitwear. Experience in the luxury and/or contemporary market is a plus.
- Highly creative with extensive knowledge of yarns, stitches, and knitting machines.
- Advanced knowledge in Illustrator, Photoshop, and/or other design software
- Proficient in demonstrated design in hand drawing, CAD, drape
- Strong time management and organizational skills to establish priorities and meet specific deadlines
- Ability to work remotely
- Availability/Flexibility over potential time differences with Paris Georgia HQ
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency