Knitwear Designer, Licensed Fashion
The Designer, Licensed Fashion Categories will assist the Design Director in building the seasonal design concept, print and color for licensed fashion accessories (lightweight scarves, hats, hair, cold weather knits, leather gloves, belts), legwear, and eyewear by seasonal flow for all channels. This role will research market trends as applicable to the brand, both aspirational and competitive, and convey key ideas and seasonal messaging for licensed partners.
This role is hybrid in NYC. The rate for this role ranges from $40-$48hr. Rate is dependant on experience, location, and other factors.
the successful individual will leverage their proficiency in design to...
- Be the key Interface with Licensed Partner Design teams for seasonal design info and brand direction. Must have the ability to liaise independently with license partners.
- Manage preparation for and lead all design meetings; conduct follow-up
- Coordinate seasonal trend presentations to the licensee partners
- Build seasonal color palettes and print assortments, by category, related to the Ideation Studio’s seasonal direction. Supply each licensee with targeted color, print and trend direction.
- Collaborate closely with the art department; provide art department with seasonal needs per category and oversee to final pass-off between the brand and the licensees, create and manage artwork deadlines throughout development, provide artwork feedback as needed.
- Be the key liaison with the licensees on day-to-day issues pertaining to design and product development
- Initiate cross-collaboration with in-house design teams (handbags, RTW, jewelry, shoes, home) to share design assets and seasonal direction
- Manage communication flow of internal design priorities and changes throughout season (at sketch review, proto review and market sample review ) to direct team and the licensees
- Initiate project requests and oversee to final approval (with art department, hardware, editorial, legal teams)
- Maintain seasonal print, design and product libraries, by category
- Manage Editorial Lookbook
- Be the in-house category expert on trend and competition (design, positioning, customer, pricing, sales, and product mix by season)
- Be research savvy: both digitally, and aware of the retail landscape.
- Partner with Global Licensing team to filter potential line extensions and new business opportunities
- Interface with Global Licensing Business team to build seasonal T&A calendar by category
- Create, manage and adhere to design/development calendars with external and internal partners
the accomplished individual will possess...
- 5-7 years Fashion industry experience
- Experience in high fashion, including market trends, design, and luxe raw materials
- Diverse set of experience across design categories, as well as strong construction knowledge
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and deadline management
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Licensing experience preferred
- BA in Fashion Design
Benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, additional voluntary benefits, EAP program, commuter benefits and a 401k plan. Our program provides employees the flexibility to choose the type of coverage that meets their individual needs. Available paid leave may include Paid Sick Leave, where required by law; any other paid leave required by Federal, State, or local law; and Holiday pay upon meeting eligibility criteria.