Knitwear Designer - Ralsey Division
New York, NY, USAPosted 1 day ago
Full timeRetail Apparel and Fashion
- Identify global emerging trends in concept/stitch/pattern and yarn and provide directional trend appropriate for Contemporary retailers;
- Perform competitive analysis and pull and review yarns, prints, design concepts, presentation boards for meetings, mock-ups, 3D CADs and inspirational photos;
- Collaborate with Design team on the Research and Development of the seasonal yarns for the Junior line;
- Partner with Hong Kong team to develop seasonal yarns and present to VP/Director/Sales;
- Provide direction to our Asia Counterpart to source and develop new yarns – both core and novelty for all Accounts;
- Design and execute development of specific customer yarn knitdowns;
- Partner with customers to provide top yarn info and direction for Account specific presentations;
- Attend trade shows and trend shows in New York City to work with established partner mills to develop yarn and silhouette;
- Execute development of seasonal sweater design and cost engineer each sweater customized for the customer;
- Shop the local market – New York, Montreal, LA for Contemporary inspiration as well as partner with Asia & NY team for newness to create data analytics.
- Design according to style plans, sales needs and emerging trends;
- Ensure timely execution of product development calendar;
- Create illustrator sketches, review specification sheets and line sheets and ensure accuracy of product development logs, line sheets, boards and design archives library;
- Select and review raw materials and trims and ensure maintenance of yarn, various gauge stitch libraries, fabric and trim library;
- Approve lab dips with Design Director and ensure consistency with color standards, where appropriate.
- Co-ordinate follow-up with internal and external customers and partners, including technical design, oversea design, sales, production and vendors;
- Manage interoffice communication;
- Build collaborative relationships with vendors and internal customers;
- Collaborate with Sales and Senior Management in presenting, designing and following up for Accounts;
- Maintain strong relationships with yarn mills to source and develop new yarns for all Accounts.
- 4+ years of experience in sweater design
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Good yarn knowledge and familiar with the whole sweater development process
- Creativity sense and ability
- Familiar with design software, e.g. Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
- Ability to lead a small team consisting of interns & an associate/assistant
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage the whole design process for multiple projects
- Good communication and presentation skills for handling internal and external clients
- Decision making
- Organizational skills
If this sounds like you, Apply Now!As an equal opportunity employer, we shall consider all applicants regardless of gender, age, religion, marital status, race, sexual orientation, disability, disease, pregnancy, or trade union and/or political affiliation, and disregard all factors deemed inappropriate by local law and the International Labor Organization’s Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work.