Knitwear Technical Designer
The Technical Knitwear Designer will act as a liaison between the design/production teams and the knitwear factories in order to create final sweater samples from development through production.
- Launch and manage development tech packs and layouts from design sketch/swatch, working with atelier and patternmakers when needed.
- Spec reference samples, prototypes, final samples, pre-production samples and TOP to ensure all corrections and measurements are being adhered to and followed.
- Schedule and conduct fittings with design team for both development and production.
- Execute, troubleshoot and problem solve fit corrections and update tech packs into final design for show/market.
- Manage costing and fiber contents throughout development and liaise with the production team for final costing/contents of sales samples.
- Manage production fittings and schedule in conjunction with production team to ensure final dates are adhered to and design feedback is relayed.
- Refine samples to be production-approved, including providing graded tech packs to the factories, maintaining high quality fit and design standards throughout development and production process.
- Manage the production swatch/lab dip/trim approvals according to the production calendar.
- Daily follow up with factories and internal teams for development and production to assure all deadlines are kept and met.
- Create & update materials in RLM from development through Production.
- Work closely with design on development calendar and deliverables.
- 6-10 years technical design experience required in fully-fashioned knitwear for the advanced contemporary or designer market.
- Proficient with machine-knitting capabilities.
- Proficient with yarn stitches, yarn properties and machine stitch terminology
- Excellent management and multi-tasking capabilities.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Suite and RLM/PLM systems.