Landscape Architecture | Assistant Designer
Description: Our office in downtown San Juan Capistrano is currently seeking a full-time Assistant Designer to join our growing Landscape Architecture team! Our growing firm is looking for an individual who is eager to be part of a collaborative, inclusive, and innovative team that offers a great balance of professional fulfillment and fun.
The Assistant Designer will work within a team setting to contribute to all phases of the design process. From Conceptual Design to Construction Documents, this person will assist with the preparation of presentation graphics, site plans, and technical documents. As an integral part of our multidiscipline design team, including architects, urban planners, and civil and structural engineers, the Assistant Designer will see projects begin as simple hand-sketches and develop into built work.
This rewarding job involves:
- Preparing construction documents (drafting, Base mapping, planting design, cost estimation, etc.)
- Assisting project managers with preparing designs and components of design.
- Working on graphic materials (illustrations, computer, and hand graphics, rendering)
- Understanding of planning principles, methodology, and practices of research and data collection
- Developing innovative solutions for our clients
- Upholding RRM’s high standard of quality
- Fostering and promoting a positive work environment and healthy company culture
- A Bachelor's degree in Landscape Architecture
- Experience preparing presentation graphics using the Adobe Suite
- Strong understanding of AutoCAD and design drafting
- Knowledge of 3D modeling software such as SketchUp or Rhino (Lumion experience is a plus!)
- Preferred: 1-2 years of experience working at a Landscape Architecture firm or in a related design field
Ensuring the health and happiness of our RRM family is paramount to how we run our business. RRM Design Group is a 100% employee-owned multi-discipline design firm with a full spectrum of services including architecture, landscape architecture, planning, civil and structural engineering, and surveying. Our offices are located along the California coast from Orange County to the Bay Area. Over one-third of our workforce has been with us for a decade or more. Our professionals work on engaging projects in several diverse markets throughout the state.
RRM offers a generous benefits package, including 100% paid health premiums for employees, remote work arrangements, employee stock ownership plan (ESOP), 401(k) with an Employer Match, and much more!
We’re eager to learn more about your qualifications and interest in joining our team!
- Please submit your portfolio with your application.
Job Type: Full-time