Lead, Assortment Planning Manager – Asia Pacific Latin America
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for a leader in Assortment Planning that will focus on Nike Factory Store (NFS) and Value Marketplace for Asia Pacific Latin America (APLA) countries! This role will lead the APLA NFS Assortment Planning team and deliver assortment plans for Men's Footwear in collaboration with key cross-functional, geo and territory partners. The candidate will have strong retail skills and experience, as well as leadership and influencing skills. Is this you?WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
You will lead, coordinate and supervise a team of Assortment Planning Managers focusing on the Value business in APLA! You will set priorities for the team and be accountable for the performance of the team. You will hire, develop and train other planning managers on the team.
You'll work within Demand & Supply Management, Merchandising and Analytics, owning the forecasting of style-color level consumer demand and inventory for Nike apparel products to increase revenue, margin and optimize inventory. Understand product, marketplace, member/membership, insights and marketing strategies to advise consumer demand and inventory forecasts. Cultivate an end-to-end process improvement mentality to optimize ways of working. You will use analytics, technology, data and cross-functional input to develop long-range product-based retail sales and inventory investment forecasts to advise Merchandising, Finance, Marketing and Supply & Inventory Planning in partnership with the APLA Consumer Assortment Planning team. You will develop NFS/Value assortment frameworks to advise Consumer Choice and Slot Planning options for APLA Merchandising on assortment creation.WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
In this role you will be an objective business partner to MPU and Gender teams to drive clear, thoughtful, fact-based business decisions. Collaborate and influence key cross functional collaborators to deliver and bring perspective on pre-season and in-season risks and opportunities.
You will lead and collaborate with territory NFS/Value Assortment Planning teams on product lifecycle, inventory optimization decisions, capabilities and pre-season through in-season planning processes. Lead and influence Territory Assortment Planning teams across APLA, drive hiring process, performance reviews and talent development.What you bring
- Bachelor/Master degree in Merchandising, Business or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience and training.
- 6 years of retail experience in merchandise planning, allocations or operations.
- Strong and proven ability to communicate and influence others; ability to convey complex and/or controversial topics and concepts to a wide and diverse audience; experience working with highly diverse international team preferred.
- Strong and proven ability on retail, assortment and/or merchandising planning, inclusive of scenario planning across revenue, margin and inventory.
- Solid understanding of cross team calibration; international experience preferred.
- Comprehensive understanding of retail math; ability to interpret financial sales data to make decisions and recommendations that impact the business.
- Experience in developing an understanding of customers, competitors and retail trends; knowledge of sports apparel and footwear market preferred.
- Experience working across multiple business platforms, including owned and partner businesses.
- Familiarity with merchandise and forecasting management systems.
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.