Lead Enterprise Design Systems Engineer (Open to remote work, except the following locations: SD, VT, and WV)
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking an engineering leader to join Nike's Global Technology organization as a Lead Enterprise Design Systems Engineer to help us drive digital transformation within the Technical Product Experience Design (TPxD) team. This individual will partner with the TPxD Design Team, work cross-functionally, and lead the development for the Nike Enterprise Design System. As part of the Nike Enterprise Design Systems team, you will help empower engineers and designers by building components and patterns that expand the internal capabilities through the Enterprise Visual Language that is being developed. You will join a fast-paced, dynamic team of UX/UI designers, product managers, engineers, and data scientists. The Enterprise Design Systems team is a product that will fuel other products across Nike’s internal employee facing experiences. You understand how to empower engineers, designers, and product teams through clear communication, code, governance, and documentation.WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Create and improve processes for developing and distributing an existing design system
- Lead the development of reusable, adaptable components
- Experience working in Agile software-development process
- Participate in processes, governance, onboarding and communication activities including presentations, workshops and user feedback sessions
- Can deliver components that are accessible and WCAG AA compliant
- Partner with multi-functional teams of engineers, designers and product managers to define and prioritize features supporting priorities and outcomes
- Continually improve the efficiency of the system
This role will report into the Design function of the Technical Product Management (TPMO) organization within Global Technology. You will work directly with the Enterprise Design Systems team that will consist of designers and engineers.WHAT YOU BRING
The ideal candidate will have experience leading and mentoring other engineers in addition to having a hands-on approach to code. In addition to being a great Engineer Leader, you also understand how to work and collaborate with Designers. You are able to communicate the complex into simplicity to those who aren’t as technical to drive alignment.Skills:
- Clean semantic skills when it comes to writing code
- Excellent collaboration, communication, and relationship management skills
- Highly developed emotional intelligence, curiosity, and creativity
- Ability to thrive in ambiguity, a fast-paced environment and take initiative
- Impeccable execution and care of the craft when it comes to working with Designers and Engineers to deliver results
- Able to make tech decisions through discovery, research, and validation
- Bachelor's degree or higher, or combination of relevant education and training.
- 7+ years of direct development experience
- Experience leading and mentoring multiple engineers on large-scale projects
- Experience helping other teams to adopt Design System
- Familiarity working on Design Systems and knowledge of frameworks
- Experience with front-end development such as HTML/CSS, JS/REACT/VUE, etc.
- Experience with back-end development such as Node
- Experience working with Designers and Design Thinking processes
- Experience scaling Design Systems
- Experience with modern design productivity, workflow, and research tools (Figma, Jira, Slack, Miro, Google Analytics, Pendo, Qualtrics, etc.)
- Industry experience in retail, supply-chain operations, financial or demand planning
Open to remote work, except cannot work in South Dakota, Vermont, and West Virginia. These candidates will be required to relocate.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $145,000 per year. Information about benefits can be foundhere.
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.