Lead Insights Product Manager
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The engine of Nike’s innovative spirit is driven by listening to the voice of our Athletes. The Consumer Insights organization generates quantitative and qualitative insights to deepen and broaden our understanding of all Athletes*. Our goal is to build consumer-centric, data powered insights products that drive business decisions. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, propelling analytics into the future and bringing the world with it!
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We're looking for candidates with experience in Product Management developing data-driven products that power business decision making. We are looking for product development professionals that are experienced in applying user-centered design principles to their products. Candidates should demonstrate expertise in developing product strategy and selling their vision, comfort in leading ambiguous conversations with a variety of stakeholders to gather requirements and working with Analytics, Engineering, Data Science and Design teams to break down and prioritize the work. We're looking for someone with a proven track record demonstrating measurable business impact, who can understand and influence technology decisions, and someone who can thrive in ambiguous situations while being a true team player. We value a culture that is academic, intellectually curious, fun, open, and diverse!
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
As a Lead Product Manager, you will be responsible for leading a cross-functional team to deliver transformative technological capabilities to supercharge the Insights org & power Nike’s internal teams with actionable insights. You will partner closely with Nike’s Engineering organization and Consumer Insights Subfunctions to build a cohesive product strategy, product roadmap, and ensure business goals are met and exceeded. You will lead a cross functional team passionate about priorities based on a solid understanding of user needs, insights, and an even stronger handle on in-depth data analysis. Above all, you will be a relentless champion for the needs of all data and insights users and insights creators across Nike.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You will work within the Consumer Insights team as a leader for your cross functional team and indirectly influence data analysts, engineers, and designers. You will collaborate across the broader organization including working closely with Nike Direct Product Management, Technology, Data Science, and Analytics partners at the Global and Geo levels to deliver insights solutions that solve critical business problems as Nike accelerates its Consumer Direct Acceleration strategy.
WHAT YOU BRING
• Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in computer science, mathematics, statistics, economics, engineering, or any combination of equivalent education, experience and/or training.
• 6+ year of experience in product management, developing business intelligence or insights solutions
• Comprehensive understanding of Agile methodologies and principles such as Scrum, LEAN, Kanban, and XP Programming, and how they’re applied in workplace culture
• Demonstrated experience in leading cross-functional teams to build analytics-driven products
• Experience in applying user-centered design (UCD) principles to product development
• Proven ability to respond to and prioritize changing business demands effectively
• Experience demonstrating interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills in communicating progress on near term and mid-term plans to users and partners
• Demonstrated complex critical thinking and ability to creatively solve problems with measurable business impact
• Experience addressing current and future customer needs through innovative solutions
• Relevant experience in data warehousing, dimensional modeling, and the ability to bring standard methodologies with regard to data management, ETL, API integrations, and data governance
• Expertise in best design and implementation practices in data visualization tools such as Tableau, IBM Cognos, MicroStrategy, PowerBI or QlikView
• Solid understanding of various database management systems like Oracle, MySQL, Teradata, Netezza, SQL Server, or DB2, as well as proficiency in working with large data sets.
• Experience with cloud environments such as Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and AWS. Experience with Big Data and NoSQL technologies like Hadoop, HBase, Spark, Impala, Cassandra, Storm, Flume, Pig, or Hive.
• In-depth knowledge of the relationship between business process and insights products.
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.