Lead Mender / Seamstress - 1st Shift
Get to know us: SRI-Healthcare, with headquarters in Atlanta, GA, offers linen management solutions to the healthcare industry. SRI keenly focuses on safety and infection control. We provide our partner hospitals with a value-driven linen management control system that measures and monitors linen utilization by department to eliminate excess internal costs. SRI’s wide range of service programs offer a variety of options to provide a seamless, single source distribution system. SRI’s regional healthcare linen facilities are HLAC accredited and operate with state-of-the-art processing equipment and processes.
SRI-Healthcareis the only “one stop shop” service provider in U.S. currently serving all healthcare-related end markets with both Healthcare Laundry Services as well as Sterilized Reusable Surgical Solutions.
We are currently looking for aMender / Seamstress,at ourMasonHealthcare Laundry facility. We are looking for someone who is confident in decision making, can act quickly, and has excellent communication skills. If you are ready to make a commitment to measurable performance and continuous improvements, then we want to hear from you!
The successful candidate will:
- Efficiently perform repairs on linen products as needed and return repaired items for functional use.
- Track all repair activities via manual or computer records.
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Maintain repair supplies at an acceptable level.
- Complete Barrier/Suture testing.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Knowledge of standard sewing practices.
- Ability to determine items suitable for repair and items to be discarded.
- Ability to operate sewing machine, heat seal machine, suture tester and any other related equipment with adequate instruction.
- Basic analytical skills and detail-orientation.
- Excellent hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors and coworkers as appropriate.
- Ability to read and understand applicable Standard Operating Procedures
- High school diploma or GED required.
What we can offer you as a full-time associate:
Paid Time Off Program (PTO)
401(k) w/Employer Match
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Health Savings Account (HSA)
Medical, Dental, and Vision Programs
Basic Life/AD&D Insurance
Long-Term Disability (LTD)
Why work for SRI-Healthcare?
SRI-Healthcare strives to be the employer of choice in the hospital sterile and hygienically clean linen industry. To do that, we provide a safe, positive work environment where our associates experience tremendous growth and related opportunities for advancement.
Complete an on-line application atwww.sri-healthcare.com!
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin veteran, or disability status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. Drug-Free Workplace.