Lead, Retail Production Support Engineer
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Lead Retail Production Support Engineer, who can excel in a team environment and is passionate about the support of technology within the APLA retail environment. This role is responsible as the technical lead for level 2 support and troubleshooting of escalations of all technology equipment within APLA Nike retail stores.
- Ability to observe, diagnose, code, and test fixes for production issues quickly and efficiently
- Ability to develop and drive real time, supervising solutions that provide insight into site health and key performance indicators
- Good communication skills, written and verbal, with ability to articulate issues and their impact(s), write concise runbooks and give technical demo’s
- Capable in reporting and communicating metrics with an understanding of the business landscape and how site reliability influences our consumers
- Working understanding of IT service management (Incident, Problem, Change and Knowledge management)
- Ability to work across teams (business and technical) to continuously analyze system performance, solve for avoidance/root-cause, and proactively identify areas in need of optimization
- Passion for continuous learning, partnership, and teamwork
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
As the Lead Retail Production Support Engineer in the APLA Technology Operations team, you will be working across the APLA GEO and Territory teams on in-depth technical issues within our retail stores, participate in a multi-disciplined team and properly apply troubleshooting and technical skills and processes. You will collaborate and coordinate with multiple teams and other engineering disciplines to resolve issues that may arise in our retail technology production environment. You will be a voice for the store Athletes* while working with numerous teams across the organization.
WHAT YOU BRING
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You will partner with peers as well as management level internal partners to cultivate collaboration, alignment and integrated planning and execution across all functions. You will have close partnership with the Portfolio, Product, Engineering and Technology Operations functions of APLA Global Technology. You will also work closely to coordinate with other Technology and APLA business teams on dependencies across the portfolio. This position will report to the Manager of APLA Retail Operations Support. You will be given the opportunity to work alongside team Manager to continuously develop the team, measure performance, and recommend improvements to management!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technology or IT-related field; OR any combination of equivalent experience, education and training
- 3+ years relevant work experience IT Service Management or relevant functional area
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows Server technology including Windows NT4, Windows 2000 & Windows 2003, Exchange 5.5, Exchange 2000 and Exchange 2003, Active Directory, SQL Server, Terminal Server and Citrix Server
- 3+ years’ experience with ITIL framework and standard methodologies
- Working knowledge of FTP, Telnet, Ping, DNS, DHCP, WINS, SNMP, HTTP and LDAP.
- Windows imaging & deployment technologies including MDT and SCCM
- Windows Server OS (2008, 2012) and Hyper-V
- Fixed and Mobile POS support including receipt printing, scanning, payment terminals
- Understanding of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques
- Ability to multitask in an ever-changing environment with demonstrable record of handling multiple work assignments simultaneously
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.