Lead Software Engineer – 3D Product Innovation
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We’re looking for a Lead Software Engineer who can thrive in rapid change and make progress without all the details. This role sits in Global Technology, is embedded with Digital Product Creation, and involves leading a team of software engineers in building digital concepts and software solutions for a range of capabilities that will transform the way Nike designs and makes products. Playing a key role in the research and development of digital tools, processes, and experiences, the ideal candidate is a problem-solver who is motivated to learn new technologies, communicate ideas and knowledge, and collaborate with teammates. This individual will be able to work with ambiguity and abstract requirements, developing features quickly, balancing speed with quality. Working on different projects, this role is for a generalist with experience with multiple technologies and/or domains and is unattached to a particular language, platform, or tool. As Lead, you will also provide leadership, training, and mentoring to team members. You must also understand the importance of protecting Nike’s intellectual property and highly confidential data.WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
In this role, you will be instrumental in driving technical design and requirements. You will lead by example in setting good development practices and be an advocate of new technology. You will partner with the Engineering Manager and Technical Product Manager to deliver innovative software solutions. The successful candidate will be a proven leader with excellent communication and relationship-building skills in addition to current, hands-on coding skillWHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
You will be a part of the larger Global Technology organization, but embedded with the Digital Product Creation team and working with the team’s Software Engineering Director. You will work day-to-day with the team’s Technical Product Manager, peer engineers, and digital experts on projects to achieve business objectives. You will also engage with other Global Technology functions and teams on organizational and technical goals.WHAT YOU WILL BRING?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience and training
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Strong skills in team leadership and building collaborative relationships with team members and partners
- Solid computer science fundamentals, including algorithms and data structures
- Fluent in modern software architectural principles and patterns
- 3 years of proven experience developing 3D pipelines
- 3-5 years professional experience with Python
- 3-5 years professional experience with C/C++
- Professional experience with various renderers (V-Ray, Arnold, Renderman, Octane)
- Familiar with rendering techniques, including Path/Ray-Tracing and Rasterizers
- Experience with distributed cloud systems tech (Java, node.js, AWS EC2, AWS Lambda, AWS DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, or Google Cloud/Azure equivalents)
- Continuous Integration and automated testing experience
- Ability to define solution options, provide estimates on effort and risk, and evaluate technical feasibility
- Experience with Scrum and agile planning.
- Experience with DevOps, including development, QA, and operations skills
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.