Lead Technical Product Manager, Air Manufacturing Innovation Planning and Manufacturing (Open to remote work, except the following locations: SD, VT, and WV)
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
At Air Manufacturing Innovation (Air MI), we deliver on Nike’s most daring dream: giving every athlete the unparalleled sensation of walking on air. Since Nike introduced the Air sole in 1979, no technology has become more synonymous with Nike than Air. Our teams engineer, make and perfect Nike’s most advanced footwear components. Masters of teamwork, we challenge assumptions in order to get faster, drive efficiency and fine-tune technology to deliver quality performance plastic. At our state-of-the-art facilities located in Beaverton, Oregon and St. Charles, Missouri, Air MI is taking Air to places that we never thought possible. Learn more about Nike Air Manufacturing Innovation.
From infrastructure to security and supply chain operations, Technology specialists drive growth through top-flight hardware, software and enterprise applications. Simply put, without Nike Technology, there are no Nike products. The Air Manufacturing Innovation (AirMI) Technology team needs a strong Technical Product Manager with experience working in an agile environment, who’s focus will be to deliver the right solution to customers with the highest quality and shortest lead time. In partnership with Architects, Business Stakeholders, Customers, and Product Owners you will create the Product/solution vision and be responsible for the strategy, roadmap, and feature definition of multiple End-2-End Supply Chain and Manufacturing Planning technology platforms.Responsibilities
As a Technical Product Manager, you will own product strategy and roadmaps for a dedicated workstream in Nike’s Global Technology organization. This role is driven by defining strategic priorities and laying out a product vision. You must transform vision into actions and create measurable product plans. You will focus on driving excellence in product and platform strategy and execution. You will work in close collaboration with various teams within Global Technology (e.g., Digital Technology Program Office, Engineering leaders) and key Functional Teams across Air Manufacturing Innovation (e.g., Planning, Logistics, Finance, Manufacturing, Engineering). TPM Leaders require experience designing creative, quality technical products and enabling business capabilities and objectives through technology.Lead and manage end to end enterprise roadmap
- Lead the creation of an end-to-end product/platform vision and multi-year roadmap for a function in partnership with Engineering teams and Business stakeholders
- Partner with all stakeholders to understand Business needs, outcomes and value and ensure roadmaps are aligned to those needs
- Ensure roadmaps account for and integrate dependencies across functional areas within Domains
- Ensuring Tech Team roadmaps account for and integrate dependencies across functional areas within Domains
- Collaborating with other TPM's, Domain TPM's and the Central TPM Leader to address dependencies across Global Tech; provide inputs into overall end to end Global Tech roadmap development
- Partnering with all stakeholders to understand business needs and goals and providing strategic advice on how to respond
- Utilizing a "customer-centric" mindset in designing roadmaps and building products/platforms that both meet current and future enterprise needs
- Developing product and platform strategies to ensure they deliver outsized value to Global Tech quickly and are built to be scalable and agile
- Bringing best-in-class market and industry insights to platform and product strategy
- Assess the business impact of different solutions and the trade-offs between customer needs, technology requirements and costs
Deliver value to the business via products & platforms while elevating product management maturity
- Use a value framework to make product and platform decisions
- Drive the execution steps of product management in accordance with the value framework
- Drive adherence to all standard TPM ways of working (e.g., process, artifacts, templates, collaboration models)
- Track value delivered, product adoption, performance, and execution against the end to end roadmap and adjusting roadmaps as necessary
- Work with stakeholders to define Features and Epics
- Manage and prioritize the Program backlog on an ongoing basis
- Understand current and future customer needs, determine success criteria, KPIs, validate solutions, and evaluate customer satisfaction
- Ensure technical teams have the full context and understanding of customers and business environment to create valuable solutions
- Provide oversight of strategy, technical, and transition management
- Collaborate with Technical Leads and Project Management Office to determine the optimum release strategy and Product Owners to optimize Feature delivery to the customers
- Analyze and communicate customer adoption, performance, time to market, quality and other metrics to stakeholders
- Build an effective Technical Product Manager / Business Product Manager team and partnership with stakeholders
- Understand how features are performing, the level of customer satisfaction, and provide suggestions for improvements
- Bachelor’s Degree or a combination of relevant education, experience, and training
- 7+ years Technical Product Management experience
- Experience working with Agile methodologies such as SAFe, Scrum, LEAN, Kanban etc.
- Advanced understanding of the Agile principles and methodologies and how they are applied in workplace culture
- Experience managing multiple IT projects
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Experience with SAP Production Planning preferred
- Expert understanding of best-at planning and manufacturing software solutions including ERP, MES and Analytics with the ability to quickly learn the Nike Technology ecosystem
- Strong understanding of business and operational processes related to Apparel/Footwear/Hard goods/High-tech Planning and Manufacturing
- Able to solve complex problems and take a new perspective on existing solutions while developing innovative solution designs for the future
- Effective collaboration and relationship management
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally. Experience resolving issues with higher levels of management
- Experience leading global cross-functional efforts and in resolving complex issues
- Proven ability to respond to and prioritize changing demands effectively coupled with the ability to anticipate customer needs
- Proven track record of being self-directed, results orientated with demonstrated ability to achieve aggressive goals despite ambiguity and multiple priorities.
Open to remote work, except cannot work in South Dakota, Vermont, and West Virginia. These candidates will be required to relocate. For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $145,000 per year. Information about benefits can be foundhere.
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.