Lead Technical Product Manager, Enterprise Tax Management (Remote Option*)
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.Who we are/what we are looking for
The Enterprise Tax Management Team needs a strong Lead Technical Product Manager with experience working in an agile environment who will represent both the Customer's and Product Management's visions to the teams. Will that be you?What you will work on
As a Lead Technical Product Manager, you will be working closely with product management, partners, and architects in collaboration to define and prioritize features and stories to ensure alignment with customer needs. You will partner closely with a team of Tax product engineers and analysts that configure and implement enhancements and production support fixes in our SAP environment. The work supports our Global Tax management business portfolio, including tax accounting, handling direct tax, indirect tax (VAT, GST, Use Tax), VAT reporting, legal and statutory tax reporting, property taxes and transfer pricing.
You will also facilitate the work on small to medium size projects in related areas. You will collaborate with Scrum Masters, Product Managers, Product Analysts and Business Owners in partnering areas (e.g. Accounting, Order Management, SAP Engineering, Integration and SAP Security) to deliver technical solutions. You'll work in a team environment and will need facilitation skills and the ability to lead team meetings as needed. It is important in this role, and all of Nike, to be able to build new insights, generate consensus, and work collaboratively.Responsibilities:
- Anticipate the needs of, collaborate with and act as the voice of the customer for one or two interrelated teams
- Work with Product Management to define the product, ensure it is integrated into the Program and communicate the vision to the Agile Team(s)
- Frequently provide input on the Product Roadmap; actively identify and solution for risks and constraints; continually identify dependencies and coordinate with dependent teams
- Own, maintain and prioritize their team's product backlog(s); facilitate feature mapping, break features into stories, define acceptance criteria, ensure capacity for enablers and defects
- Ensure teams have the full context and understanding of customers and business environment to build valuable solution
- Ensure the readiness of the work, accept, or reject work results, and that the work is aligned to the Product Roadmap
- Prioritize and make trade-offs based on understanding of strategies, budget, epics, enabler requirements, defects, dependent teams, goals and the value features and stories bring to customers and the business
- Assist in removing roadblocks for the Agile Teams
- Be the final decision maker for prioritization of the team's work
- Work with the team(s) to ensure all stories are supported, clear, and delivered in high quality
- Understand how features are performing, the level of customer happiness, and provide suggestions for improvements
- Bachelor's degree or higher or equivalent combination of education and experience and training
- Minimum 6 years’ relevant work experience
- Experience working with Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools, VersionOne, Jira preferred
- Experience with Agile methodologies such as Scrum, LEAN, Kanban, XP Programming etc.
- Experience with SAP FI and CO modules - General Ledger Accounting (GL), Accounts Payable (AP), Accounts Receivable (AR) & Tax is highly valued and preferred
- Knowledge of SAP configuration in FI, CO, Tax & VAT based highly valued and preferred
- Understanding of SAP integration with external systems
- Knowledge of business to government reporting tools like SAP Document Compliance, SAP ACT or SNI.
- Knowledge/Understanding of SAP Tax functionality as well as other Tax Solutions like OneSource IDT, Vertex, Taxware, etc.
- Able to solve complex problems and take a new perspective on existing solutions
- In-depth understanding of technology systems and the ecosystem the team works in to help team in overcoming roadblocks
- Effective collaboration and relationship management
- Excellent team dynamics, conflict resolution, mentoring, and servant leadership skills
Experience resolving issues with higher levels of management
- Experience leading cross-functional work
- Solid understanding of Tax Management subject matter
- Experience leading others in resolving sophisticated issues
- Ability to anticipate customer needs
- Experience in developing innovative solutions
*Remote Work Option –Open to remote work, except cannot work in South Dakota, Vermont, and West Virginia. These candidates will be required to relocate.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $129,000 per year. Information about benefits can be foundhere.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.