Lead Textile Designer (Color and Trim)
As a textiles and seat components manufacturer for the automotive industry, the Tesca group demonstrates its expertise in comfort and materials around the world with agility through a long term vision. Imagine tomorrow, deliver everyday is our motto. We are committed to listening to our clients’ needs and keeping a creative mind at all times.
REPORTS TO:Materials Coordination Manager
LOCATION:2638 Bond St, Rochester Hills, MI 48309
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- North American Automotive Textile Experience (5-10 years)
- 4 Year Degree in Textile Development or equivalent Interior or Industrial Design Education.
- Previous work in the Automotive Textile design/development industry involving seating, trim, and other
- Strong textile, surface trim design skills.
- Ability to learn and utilize internal Tesca textile software systems.
- Experience in Photoshop/Illustrator & Microsoft Suit tools (i.e. PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience in developing production color and material proposals for Textiles, PUR, and other Interior
- Strong understanding of color theory (hue, value, chroma, etc.) applicable to automotive textiles and
knowledge of Color Application across materials including textiles and other covering materials.
- Working knowledge of global trend resources (WGSN, Stylus, etc.)
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Design textiles and materials in line with the requests of car manufacturer designers for the North American
- Lead North American efforts involving textile and material designs creation, organization of sampling and
respect of customer schedules & perceived quality requirements.
- Organize and launch the design developments, validate and promote Tesca textiles and materials.
- Work in close collaboration with Tesca Global Style departments and development teams in Tesca plants.
- Provide answers to manufacturers' color and material teams.
- Support Tesca Product Policy group and Advanced Phase material development that would be required for
the North American customers.
- Lead North American Trends studies, product placement discussion, and customer presentations.
- Participation in the Tesca Design Collection.
- Organize & lead visits and meetings with OEM Design teams in North America.
- Relay all US customer textile and material requests to Tesca Style Department and plants.
- Support North American automotive materials benchmarking.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to interface with internal design, cross functional product
- Strong organizational and analytical skills to cohesively lay out material strategies and track multiple
- Experience in developing production color and material proposals for Interior textile and covering material
- Work with customers and internal groups to strategize and deliver color-correct textiles to support ongoing
and future programs.
- Support the coordination & release of all master samples.
- Previous experience working/collaborating with an international team
- Knowledge of automotive manufacturing and product planning process
- Wide interest/knowledge of creative industry (e.g. entertainment, product design, fashion, tech)
- Opportunities for advanced training that supports employee and career growth.
- Some travel will be required (Regional, Europe, Mexico)
TESCA is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, National origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.