Lead Visual Merchandiser
Lead Visual Merchandiser
About the company:
Penelope Pots is a floral, plant, pot, and curated gift store that offers its customers an upbeat, exciting sales experience. Each staff member is trained on plant care so that they can better assist customers with their plant purchases, while building rapport and trust. The primary focus of the store is pots, plants, and unique gifts, however, there is a heavy floral component, that allows for a creative environment.
At each store we strive to create a “happy” experience for each customer through our store designs and highly curated product selection. Our goal is to offer products that support small, women-owned, or local businesses, while carrying brands that are tried and true, excelling in-store sales.
Visual Merchandiser responsibilities include:
- Defining, designing and implementing a creative visual merchandising strategy
- Creating appealing and eye-catching visual displays that lead the customer through the entire store
- Producing window displays, signs, interior displays, floor plans and special promotions displays
We are looking for a creative retail Visual Merchandiser to increase sales, get buyer’s attention and to provide an excellent in-store experience.
The goal is to use visual merchandising to convert window shoppers into prospects, drive branding and sales objectives and maximize profitability.
- Define, design and implement a creative visual merchandising strategy
- Create appealing and eye-catching visual displays that lead the customer through the entire store
- Produce window displays, signs, interior displays, floor plans and special promotions displays
- Identify key messages and set a clear image of the end result
- Come up with, revise and present design ideas with assistant merchandisers
- Act in alignment to the organization’s culture, products, image and target market
- Monitor costs and work within budget
- Oversee the production and brief staff on arranging displays
- Change displays to promote new product launches and reflect festive or seasonal themes
- Liaise with suppliers and source elements
- Research lifestyle, demographics and design trends
- Proven work experience as a Visual Merchandiser or Visual Manager
- Demonstrable visual design skills with a strong retail merchandising portfolio
- Solid experience in field visual merchandising, including window displays, signs, interior displays and space utilisation
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design tools
- Knowledge of current visual merchandising trends and best practices
- Proficiency in MS Office, Google Drive, and Apple products
- Creative and innovative thinker
- Ability to analyze sales merchandising reports and survey results
- Degree in visual merchandising, fashion merchandising, exhibition design, visual communications or similar
- Ability to lift 30 lbs
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Reliable transportation is required
Detail-oriented, excellent command of English language, punctual, excellent writing skills, self-starter, organized, professional demeanor, computer savvy, ability to prioritize, fast-moving when needed, hard-working, positive demeanor.
Part-time or Full-time/Flex schedule 25-30 hours a week
Normal hours are Monday – Friday 7:00 am – 4pm (must be available weekends, as needed)
- 8 days PTO per year, 50% of monthly health insurance cost (up to $200) (all benefits go into effect after 90 day probationary period)
Available shifts and compensation: We have available shifts all days of the week. Compensation is $18.00 - $20.00/hour.
About Penelope Pots: Penelope Pots is looking for an individual to join our team. Our ideal candidate is self-driven, motivated and trustworthy.
By applying to this job, you agree to receive periodic text messages from this employer and Homebase about your pending job application. Opt out anytime. Msg & data rates may apply.
Powered by Homebase. Free employee scheduling, time clock and hiring tools.