Lead Visual Merchandiser - Walmart
Lead Visual Merchandisers (MC) create and execute merchandising strategies and solutions for apparel, accessories, and footwear within the women’s, men’s, boys’, girls’, and baby departments for a select set of Walmart stores across the United States. These merchandising strategies and solutions should be designed to create a positive brand experience and help to drive in store sales.
Each Lead Visual Merchandiser (MC) will lead a team of Support Visual Merchandisers (SSA) to plan, strategize, and execute enhanced visual merchandising standards. Lead VM will collaborate cross-functionally with Winston partners including Visual District Managers and Regional Managers. This role serves as a liaison and lead communicator with Walmart store leadership to promote a positive partnership across the store. The position reports directly to the Visual District Manager.
- Collaborate daily with the Support VMs on the development of visual merchandising strategies, solutions, and goals while ensuring all product is represented and replenished to the sales floor, daily
- Partner with Store Management to create a positive working relationship and achieve project goals through morning meeting and huddle attendance, gathering sales numbers and feedback, and building trust between Winston Team and Walmart Store employees
- Ensure the team is following all Walmart store processes and protocols
- Lead the team in executing merchandising strategies in a manner that is least disruptive to the store and protects the customer experience. Ensure all working areas, including signage storage area, are always organized and well maintained
- Provide training and coaching to Support VM staff as needed including developing team’s overall merchandising standards and ability to elevate execution
- Provide timely completion of daily Store Visit Report and photo requirements, clearly communicating the team’s daily accomplishments
- Elevate any Support VM concerns or Store Management concerns to the Visual District Manager
- 3-5 years of retail merchandising experience within apparel, footwear, and accessories
- Managed a team of 3-10+ people
- Passion for retail merchandising and visual story telling in an energetic environment
- Proven experience developing and executing elevated visual merchandising concepts
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all Winston and Walmart personnel
- Proven experience leading and coaching others in the accomplishment of daily goals
- Ability to provide clear communication in both verbal and written reports
- Strong work ethic, reliable and committed
- Flexible, adaptable, dependable, and trustworthy
- Proficient Computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, and Email)
- Technology: A smartphone is required for reporting purposes; tablets are not recommended. For iOS users, we recommend an iPhone 6 or greater and iOS of 12.0 or greater. For Android users, we recommend devices that are no more than 5 years old and updated to Android OS 9.0 or greater.
- Ability to download and install an app on your smart phone, and upload reports via the app
- Ability to lift to 25 pounds and be mobile for the entire duration of an 8-hour work shift
- Availability: Full-Time 40 hrs/week including weekend availability