Lee Female Merchandise Manager
Kontoor Brands, Inc. (NYSE: KTB) is a global lifestyle apparel company with a portfolio of some of the world’s most iconic consumer brands: Wrangler® and Lee®. We design, manufacture and distribute superior high-quality products that look good, fit right, and are crafted with sensitivity to our planet to give people around the world the freedom and confidence to express themselves.
With a presence in more than 60 countries and a heritage spanning a combined 200 years, our global community of more than 14,000 employees fosters a culture of integrity, collaboration, performance and entrepreneurial spirit. We are looking for inclusive, humble, creative and forward-looking employees with a passion for creating innovative apparel products, accessories, and solutions that are both meaningful and purposeful for consumers and employees.
Job Title:Lee Female Merchandise ManagerThis position manages the development and execution of all product strategies for the Lee Female product lines across our Mid Tier/ Department store and Premium distribution channels in the North America region. The role is responsible for developing and delivering the P&L for these channels, developing key account sell-in strategies, understanding key consumer needs and whitespaces opportunities, and developing growth strategies for the future. The role requires strong people development skills needed to develop and retain a team of merchants in support of the NAM merchandising strategy.
- Makes all decisions for product line through development of assortment plans, assorting decisions, consumer insight validation, and effective cross-functional collaboration with the brand’s global product creation teams
- Develops products in line with brand positioning and target consumer. Provides expertise of marketplace and competitive brands. Ensures all products achieve or exceed financial plan. Effectively integrates global product development calendar with the regional activation calendar to ensure timely product/line sheet flow.
- Maintains gross margin requirement and efficient line size by managing price strategy, mitigating product costs, and effective management of product lifecycle strategies
- Assists in development of marketing on packaging, in-store POS, promotions, consumer marketing, and sales tools through development of marketing briefs necessary for efficient interface with brand marketing teams
- Maintains and expands relationships with buyers at key accounts. Aids in the development of key account communications required by sell-in process
- Partners with demand planning and operations teams to facilitate operational excellence of all product related operations at key accounts
- Works with category management and data analytics teams to develop effective data-centric product strategies that maximize assortment productivity at key accounts and facilitate business growth
- Strong analytical skills required to drive fact-based strategies
- Apparel assortment strategy
- Effective written and verbal communications
- Dynamic presentation skills/ story telling ability
- Strong partnership skills
- Wholesale or Specialty Apparel Industry experience
- Team leadership
- Business/ financial analysis
- Strong presentation skills/ experience presenting to customers
- Bachelor degree required
- MBA preferred