The Legal Counsel will be responsible for legal advice and documentation for Lovisa Americas and other countries as required including:
- Drafting and negotiating legal agreements and precedents (predominately leases but also commercial contracts and service agreements, joint venture and franchise agreements)
- Maintenance of legal document registers and trackers (eg contracts registers, intellectual property registers, litigation trackers)
- Assisting with managing legal disputes and litigation
- Liaising with external lawyers on matters (where applicable)
- Keeping informed of legislative changes and legal matters which will affect Lovisa and ensure relevant team members are informed and processes and procedures are implemented to ensure compliance
- Providing day to day general legal advice as required
- Current legal practicing certificate
- Approximately 3 years’ experience in an in-house legal retail environment
- Clear oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Concise and accurate drafting skills
- Windows and other Microsoft office products – intermediate to advanced level
Enjoy these perks when you join Lovisa!
- Opportunity to join a huge globally expanding brand
- Incredible career development opportunities
- Opportunities for international exposure and future relocation
- A culture that is committed to continuous improvement
- Health Benefits
- Generous Product Discount
- Referral Rewards Program
Lovisa was created out of a need for current fashion jewellery at an affordable price point. The keen-eyed design team at Lovisa uses a wide range of materials and expert finishing techniques to delivery fashion forward designer jewellery and hair accessories. Lovisa is a first stop shop for the fashion forward person to get their on-trend accessories. The Lovisa customer has refined taste and understands the importance of the perfect accessory. They want designer style at ready-to-wear prices and that is what we deliver.
Lovisa was established in April 2010 and has quickly grown to be one of Australia’s leading fast fashion jewellery retailers. It has over 600 stores across more than 20 countries.
Here at Lovisa, we are passionate, dedicated, hard-working and fun-loving team players. We are devoted to fashion, style and customer service. All team members are Lovisa ambassadors, who thrive off our Lovisa culture commitments with acan-do attitude.
We believe in supporting diverse cultures and harnessing the unique knowledge and experience of our team. We celebrate our global presence, by supporting our culturally diverse team around the world.