Levi's Assistant Designer, Men's Denim Finishings
You're an original. So are we.
We're a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we've used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and make an outsized impact on the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi's®, Dockers®, Denizen® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.™
We're looking for an Assistant Designer – who will bring new technology, and creativity to our team. It is necessary you have the desire to help bring our fashion to the future while maintaining the integrity of our brand's past. You are also someone who can achieve success even with many diverse responsibilities.
About the Job
- Sustain the development, evolution and communication of a brand look that supports the brand identity
- Assist one or more designers to build the design process components to achieve targets for the seasonal calendar, assortment plan and source location requirements
- Support fit, fabric, finish, sundries and trim developments
- Contribute to the development of seasonal design platforms and concepts by identifying consumer relevant opportunities through market research
- Sustain effective partnerships with Merchandising, Product Development and Sourcing to ensure products are engineered to profit and quality/aesthetic goal
- Bachelor's degree in Design in a plus, however a combination of college education and related work experience may be used as a substitute
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a design environment
- Create detailed garment sketches in Adobe Illustrator
- Excellent working knowledge of garment construction
- Knowledge and proficiency with MS Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to multi-task; with the desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Can communicate across all channels with an ability to get the message across
- Excellent discretion, judgment, tact and diplomacy
- You are an energetic, positive, helpful demeanor and a passion and interest in LS&Co.
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health or planning for retirement, we've got you covered. Here's a small snapshot:
- 401K match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of pay you save.
- Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations
- Product discount of 60% off regular-price merchandise
- Paid Family Leave
Currently, LS&CO requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of commencing employment, except in those jurisdictions where prohibited by law. Medical or religious accommodations, or other exemptions that may be required by applicable law, will be approved when properly supported. Further information is provided during the recruitment process.
San Francisco, CA, USA
FULL TIME/PART TIME