BRICK EXECUTIVE SEARCH has partnered with a Global Manufacture who has over 25 years of experience in the design and manufacturing of the latest trends inIntimate ApparelandSwimwear.The company has a robust portfolio of customers in every retail channel from Luxury , mid tier to mass - as well as its own ver recognizable sexy brand .
Some clients include major retailers such as Nordstrom, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdale’s, Macy’s, Kohls, Urban Outfitters and a growing presence with online retailers and dropship customers.
We are looking for an individual with DESIGN EXPERTISE IN INTIMATES who wishes to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
As an Intimate Apparel designer, you will be responsible for:
- Design brand right collections to reflect season trends and account needs
- Research the market and put together market/trend research on new silhouettes, color, and fabrication.
- Work closely with the Design Directors to execute their brand vision
- Track and organize development samples by following up with factories to ensure samples are received on time.
- Design, sketch with accurate specifications for fit, construction, fabrication, print, and color.
- Ensures adherence to the Seasonal Time and Action calendar.
- Source and select the new seasonal fabrics and trims
- Work closely with suppliers abroad to ensure good execution of design tech packs and samples
- Maintain the fabric, trim and color library - Ensure fabric library is up to date for seasonal inspiration and archived fabrics
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Possess strong knowledge of garment construction.
- Experience in lingerie
- Thorough knowledge of silhouettes, fabrication, construction techniques, and trim
- Ability to design around concept direction
- Strong sketching and fast tech packing abilities
- Level of education: Bachelor's degree in fashion design
- Work experience: 7 - 10 years design experience
- Creativity and enthusiasm for fashion lingerie
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize workloads and handle the pressure of a fast-paced environment
- Team player with a can-do attitude
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, Excel and all other Microsoft Office Applications