Logistics Product Flow Analyst
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The NIKE, Inc. Supply Chain team is the engine that propels product around the world. Supply Chain experts ensure that every year, almost a billion units of footwear, apparel and equipment arrive at the right place, at the right time. To ensure this complex job goes off without a hitch, Supply Chain teams work with a network of more than 50 distribution centers, thousands of accounts, and more than 100,000 retail stores worldwide — making the impossible happen every single day.
The Logistics Product Flow Analyst will oversee, but not be limited to, the flow of product to the customer. This person will work closely with the Delivery Excellence as an escalation point regarding PO risks, appointment needs, and delivery prioritization. The Direct Ship Manager will be able to prioritize shipments and communicate with a sense of urgency. This person will be customer focused and able to communicate what the root cause of an opportunity is, while providing a solution.
This person can work professionally with cross-functional partners both internally and externally while having a positive attitude.
- Prioritize deliveries to customer based on need dates (while partnering with Delivery Excellence)
- Partner with Delivery Excellence as an escalation point for product dwelling
- Identify opportunities for continuous performance improvement and optimization
- Handle the flow of product by customer through the Supply Chain
- Provide flow guidance and expertise to inform new Transportation initiatives
- Handle customer appointments, diverts and cancels
- PO risks, appointment needs and dwelling
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, or related discipline
- 2+ years of transportation and/or supply chain experience
- Experience with root cause analysis
- Travel, 5-10%
- Master’s degree in related discipline
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.