Macy's Internship Program - Digital/Site Merchandising Intern
Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. Customers come to us for fashion, value, and high-quality products. Macy's is also known for our love of celebration and giving back to our communities. There's a reason we've been around for 160 years. Now is an exciting time to join Macy's. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation. We have a history of re-invention and are always looking forward.
Macy's offers recent college graduates a concentrated mix of hands-on experience, education, and encouragement. We will help you build upon what you learned in college to create a bright career future. As a Macy's colleague, you'll have endless possibilities to grow your career while finding meaningful ways to make a difference. So, come join us and share your unique contribution. You'll make an impact you, and everyone else can be proud of.
For us, it's more than just a job, we are all part of the Macy's family. From stores to call centers. From offices to warehouses. Wherever you may be working, you are important to our success. We're all in this together!
The Macy's 8-week summer internship program in Site Merchandising provides exposure to digital business strategies and innovative e-commerce initiatives. The Site Merchandising team supports site operations, testing, and merchandising functions. They enhance Macys.com success through partnering with business and support teams to ensure flawless site execution and launch new site features and systems enhancements. Site Merchandisers devise and recommend digital strategies that maximize the on-line assortment and drive site traffic. As a Site Merchandising intern you will gain exposure to how the digital team meets consumer demand on the Macys.com website and mobile app.
Macy's summer internship program provides interns with a hands-on and in-depth understanding of a core business function in retail. Interns have opportunities to directly impact the business as a key part of a team and by sharing new ideas. Macy's interns experience everything our culture has to offer through exposures to senior leaders, professional development workshops, and networking opportunities. The internship program may lead to an opportunity to work full-time with Macy's in our early careers program after graduation. This internship program will be held in Macy's New York, New York Corporate offices and will begin in June.
- Receive professional development through a combination of hands-on learning, structured workshops, and collaborative projects
- Build relationships with other interns, business leaders, and team colleagues
- Utilize data and analytics to understand the customer path to purchase
- Optimize site experience throughout customer journey based on findings and analysis
- Partner directly with business and support teams to ensure flawless site execution and launch new site features and systems enhancements
- Organize, maintain, coordinate and troubleshoot project management system (JIRA) testing tickets and issues
- Partner with Production and Support teams to improve workflows & related testing processes for all involved teams, as well as work to optimize Site Merchandising related workflows within the organization
- Exposure to e-commerce management by gaining an understanding of site execution and launching new site features and systems
- Aptitude to function within deadlines, while working both independently and as part of a team
- Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Junior status (rising Senior at the time of the internship), pursuing a Bachelor's degree with strong academic performance
- Minimum 3.0 GPA preferred
- All majors will be considered for this opportunity
- Excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to influence others. Strong storytelling and presentation skills
- Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals
- Must have excellent mathematical skills.
- Ability to apply concepts of profitability and statistical inference to practical situations
- Readily grasp numerical concepts and interpret financial information accurately
- Ability to utilize retail math skills to analyze and drive business
- Ability to independently organize and prioritize broad workload to meet deadlines in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Ability to think through problems and apply strategies to solve
- Ability to multitask and collaborate cross functionally with multiple internal and external business partners
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong trend and pattern recognition skills
- Basic understanding of financial performance metrics and assortment planning
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - advanced proficiency in Excel (vlookup, pivot tables, macros, advanced formulas, etc.) is a plus
- Run and interpret reports and operate system tools as assigned by supervisor
- Demonstrated leadership and team-building abilities
- Ability to streamline processes
- Exhibits high standards and accountability; takes pride in accuracy
- High aptitude; process information quickly with ability to offer solutions to challenges with strong decision making skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage across all levels
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs.
- May require working with multiple computer screens and programs simultaneously for extended periods of time.
- May Involve, reaching stooping, kneeling or crouching
- Frequently lift/move up to 10 lbs.