Manager, Category Management - Engagement Jewelry
Tiffany & Co. is seeking a dynamic and experienced category manager, with an entrepreneurial spirit and self-starting approach, strong analytical skills and passion for jewelry to join our Category Management Engagement Jewelry team. You will be leading 360 projects that will drive growth and shape the most iconic Tiffany product portfolio. The ideal candidate will have a strong merchandising background as well as understanding of general business management and experience in developing company-wide networks. Primary functions include strategy development and presentation of the product category, conducting research and briefing new product development and analyzing pricing to maximize profitability. In addition, you will lead analysts to perform sales analyses, execute strategies and coach them to build a strong performing team.
Product Portfolio Management
- Lead cross functional team to communicate category positioning, assortment and pricing strategies as well as work with Product Development to ensure timely launch of new product introductions.
- Support design briefing of new product and collections. Optimize product offerings to achieve robust and competitive product strategy.
- Analyze classification, price point and sales trends as well as reviewing the competitive market in order to inform decisions on new product introductions
- Facilitate cross functional reviews of new product architectures and partner to ensure target cost, retail pricing and GM objectives for new product are met.
- Manage and ensure team meeting representation and provide updates on positioning, assortment, pricing and distribution strategies.
- Ensure critical product details within category architectures are systematically maintained and project milestones are met on a timely basis.
- Manage and execute price change processes. Conduct analysis and gather comparison product information to set retails for new and existing product. Consider both margin targets and sales goals.
- Build effective pricing strategies for optimization, validating pricing based on sales volume and margin drivers, while analyzing gross margin department objectives through price change recommendations.
- Lead regular reviews and reporting of pricing and gross margin, including robust competitive analysis and lead executions of price changes when necessary.
- Direct team in supporting ad-hoc pricing needs.
- Review current pricing systems to identify areas of improvement and proposed solutions.
Lifecycle Management & Assortment Analysis
- Drive lifecycle management reviews making recommendations for product discontinuations, as well as partnering with cross functional teams to establish Obsolescence strategies.
- Partner with cross functional teams to establish strategies for managing overstock and aged inventory.
- Develop reports and presentations, such as collection trend reports, style-outs, competitive shopping analysis, that communicate a high-level view of the product portfolio for meetings and conferences.
- Direct staff in managing accurate day to day item data maintenance.
- Lead execution of 360 departmental and cross functional initiatives in partnership with Director. Establish project timelines and prepare regular updates to senior management.
- Serve as product expert, communicating with both central and regional teams to present category strategy and new product plans via weekly and monthly cross functional meetings.
- Lead team in product set ups for presentations and sample management.
- Develop and leverage internal networks to obtain feedback and align on strategies.
- Lead and coach analysts to prioritize projects, ensure accuracy of analyses and develop for future growth.
- Prepare staff evaluations, coach staff through regular one-on-one and group staff meetings, follow company guidelines and Performance Management timeline.
- Ensure staff training of new systems and processes (product data management, pricing, architecture maintenance).
- Build personal and professional development through intensive training opportunities and regular feedback sessions with staff and Director.
- Support Director and VP with execution of departmental and cross-functional initiatives.
- 5+ years of prior Merchandising or Retail experience.
- Proven ability to function and lead effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to manage and uphold departmental standards and business direction
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong project management skills
- Possesses overall aesthetic and design sensibility
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel) with ability to learn new software
- Undergraduate College degree
- Master of Business Administration degree
- Prior Category Management and reporting experience
- Overall industry knowledge of luxury jewelry
- Basic Gemstone knowledge; Graduate Gemologist a plus