The Manager, Demand Planning will lead an aligned and agile organization to win. The individual will possess qualities that reflect our cultural values of diversity and inclusion. This individual will manage the development of an 18-month worldwide sales, inventory and purchase forecasts for specific Tiffany & Co. product families. Oversee the development of consensus sales, inventory and purchase plans in accordance with the financial objectives and strategic goals. Responsible for the growth and development of the Demand Planning Analyst(s).
Demand Planning team has a direct impact in achieving the keys results of global sales growth per year and growing inventory less than the rate of sales.
- Manage specific product families ensuring that financial sales, margin, turn and ending inventory objectives are achieved for the fiscal year and aligned to longer-term strategies
- Focus on forecast accuracy and bias improvements
- Maximize sales of new products and support the success of key collections, while minimizing inventory liabilities. Closely monitor trends in order to adjust inventory levels in a timely manner.
- Engage in solution-based cross-functional communication that ensure strategies, tradeoffs, and plans are transparent and fully integrated
- Collaborate with Product Development and Category Management on all aspects of new product launch, from initial sales projections to timely inventory support to meet in-market deliverables
- Partner with Global Assortment Planning to maximize assortment productivity and develop life cycle planning strategies
- Partner with Channel Inventory Planning to maximize global inventory effectiveness across the regions for new and existing products
- Develop strong relationships with the Industrial Team and Diamond / Gem Supply. Communicate changing business needs and their impact on manufacturing and procurement.
- Champion process change to improve efficiencies and add value to the business. Identify non value-added
- Engage with the Demand Planning team to set and communicate clear and challenging goals that align to Company strategic priorities and key results
- Demonstrate our cultural values through continuous engagement and team coaching
- Create an inclusive culture that inspires team members and encourages all forms of diversity
- Develop well-rounded Analyst(s) by p roviding ongoing performance and development feedback, while continually recognizing high performing behaviors and addressing performance issues in a timely manner. Promote continuous growth and coach for succession management.
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong diplomacy skills and ability to resolve conflict in a professional manner as well as sound decision making skills
- Self-motivated with a drive for achievement and capable of leading a team in a highly dynamic and collaborative environment
- Excellent in Microsoft Excel and Windows environment with ability to adapt to new software and systems
- Minimum of 5 years of business experience with at least 2+ years of management experience preferred as well as a college degree or related equivalent experience