Manager, Ecommerce Merchandising Operations
The Manager is responsible with overseeing the Associate Online Merchandising team & operations. This role will be responsible for the associate online merchandising team and creating operational processes, product management to site, projects, and ensuring the digital team is streamlining & driving efficient processes. Additionally, this role will ensure effective communication is provided between ecommerce and cross-functional partners as it relates to operational processes and initiatives.
Director, Digital Merchandising, Content & Operations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for leading and developing Associate Online Merchandisers and overseeing product to site workflow
- Demonstrates strong operational management skills, including but not limited to the development of timelines, communication of project status, and ability to partner with appropriate cross functional partners to move operational projects & initiatives from concept to implementation to adherence
- Communicates all ecommerce related operational processes for all cross-functional partners, including but not limited to: Product Services, Shoephoria Center, Marketing, IT, & Merchandising
- Supports the digital execution of online marketing events, including promotional offers, seasonal events, and category launches by collaborating with cross functional partners
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement and works collaboratively with the ecommerce team & cross functional partners to implement change and/or new operational solutions
- Oversees the operational needs of eCommerce projects by participating in scope, requirements, testing, and implementation efforts
- Helps lead the team's research and works with IT to manage the resolution of technical and customer-facing issues on the site
- Accountable for a comprehensive seasonal framework that aligns merchandise strategy with customer needs and the delivery of major online events including seasonal events, campaigns, and category launches (e.g. Black Friday, Flash Sales), collaborating with Merchandising, Marketing, Studio and Technology to deliver consistent customer messaging and effective customer flow
- Has in-depth understanding of daily site & business operations to ensure new initiatives are implemented effectively to achieve the desired results
- Manages workflow with team to resolve IT issues and communicate feeds for inventory, pricing, product activations, and their impact & timing to the site
- Responsible for including but not limited to filter data accuracy, monthly markdown validation & site experiences
- Supports company initiatives as the operational lead on stretch related to ecommerce enhancements and projects
- Proven ability to interact & collaborate with cross functional partners across multiple disciplines and levels
- Process oriented with ability to identify and proactively solve problems
- Ability to utilize metrics /analysis to identify operational business opportunities
- Self-starter with excellent organizational, project management, analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment & meet aggressive deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and show ownership of projects and processes from start to finish
- Positive attitude, passionate about process improvement
- 1-3 years of ecommerce experience, merchandising or related field
- 1-3 years of experience leading, managing and developing successful team
- PC proficient in MS office suite - including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ecommerce Merchandising tools, Omniture or Web analytics tools a plus
SETTING GOALS - Plans and organizes work efficiently with DSW's mission as a compass. Generates new ideas, supports change. Continuously seeks new knowledge and uses new information effectively.
WORKING WITH OTHERS - Listens to others and values opinions, promotes a team atmosphere by demonstrating humility and respect, appreciates the importance of diversity. Builds effective relationships, relates well to others, delivers and responds to feedback in a constructive manner. Is dedicated to working with business partners to exceed the expectations of the customer (internal and external).
GETTING RESULTS - Takes initiative, is personally accountable for work performance; targets and achieves results. Simplifies and processes complex problems, understands underlying issues and addresses root causes, analyzes quantitative information and presents it in an effective way, seeks input from others and makes timely decisions.