Manager, Footwear Product Merchandising Operations
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
The first spark of a product idea sets the NIKE, Inc. Product team into motion. The team of developers, testers, engineers, designers and managers obsess over Nike’s iconic silhouettes and create groundbreaking new styles. They collaborate, ideate and refine products’ construction, fit and materials. They maintain a keen understanding of consumer and market trends. They skillfully operate at the intersection of buyer needs, technical feasibility and business objectives. And they work lockstep with Merchandising, Design, Manufacturing and others to produce the final result: products that reflect the soul of sport and inspire athletes to reach new levels of performance.In Consumer Creation Operations (CCO), we obsess how we work to lead Nike and our Consumer Creation team into the future, enabling and empowering our business teams to deliver amazing products, services and experiences to consumers. We do this through operationalizing both CCO and Footwear strategies and initiatives, driving a cross-consumer, cross-functional, end-to-end offense focused on unlocking product and merchandising excellence.Who we are looking for
We are looking for an Operations Manager, Global Footwear. In this role, you will support our Product Merchandising teams and have a broad scope of responsibilities to transform the way our teams work to best serve the evolving needs of the Consumer. We are looking for an individual that can:
- Lead with a future forward, operational mentality
- Think strategically and deliver tactically
- Demonstrate problem solving skills and the ability to connect the dots across functions and business teams - understanding both their needs and their potential constraints - to deliver a solution that works for all parties
- Possess strong communication skills, including the ability to facilitate conversations across a variety of teams, at all levels of the organization
- Displays a team first mentality sharing and celebrating the work, with great relationship-building skills to establish trust and gain credibility quickly
- An understanding for how to plan a business, with both quantitative and qualitative details
- Self-directed go-getter who is constantly ideating on ways to streamline how work gets done consistently across the business
As a member of the Footwear Operations team, this individual will support our Product Merchandising community in creating the future for how we Line Plan and set a season up for success, delivering significant change across the processes, tools, and deliverables at critical upstream moments. You'll be tasked to drive new, more digital ways of working in how we plan our products, services, and experiences across teams and across creation timelines - helping standardize what the business teams create as a master blueprint for a season. A typical week can include leading and attending meetings with x-functional stakeholders, creating strategic plans to influence priorities, building playbooks for teams to follow, and leading training sessions with business teams to ensure they are comfortable with the new tools they will work in and the deliverables they will need to submit. This work touches everyone within our Consumer Creation Organization, as we look to minimize waste in the creation process to ensure what we plan for the business fully serves the consumer.Who you will work with
Building trust with our teammates and business partners is paramount. You must possess a strong client focused approach to the work to unlock adoption. You will report to the FW Operations Director for Product Merchandising, but will work closely with your CCO operations colleagues - in Footwear, but also in Apparel, with each Consumer Business Operations team, and with key stakeholders in both Product and Merchandising functions. With data being important to planning the business, you'll closely connect with our Global Consumer Planning and Finance teams, as well as our technology partners, to ensure the future tools meet the business needs to successfully deliver this work. Being able to work across teams and understand when to pull in the right personnel to drive the work forward is critical.What you bring
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business Management, Merchandising, Finance, or combination of relevant education, experience, and training
- 5+ years of professional work experience preferably in Merchandising, Product, Management Consulting, Corporate Strategy, Operations, or a related field (3+ years of work experience with an MBA)
- Project Management experience, with the ability to lead cross-functional teams supporting large scale change across an organization. Ability to balance multiple time-bound projects while maintaining attention to detail
- Capable to both building a strategy and implementing that strategy with the business, with follow-through on measuring success and improving the strategy based on feedback
- Compelling, high-impact storyteller with the ability to influence at multiple levels throughout the organization
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with the ability to simplify a complex landscape to drive easy execution
- Knowledge of merchandising, retail planning, product creation and/or financial planning strongly preferred
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.