Manager, HR Business Partner
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About The JobIn this position you will partner with Corporate leadership to develop and execute the HR strategies that foster organizational and people effectiveness. To be successful in this role you should have the innate ability to translate business priorities into action-oriented people driven strategies. You will work closely with HR peers and leadership to lead and execute initiatives including: talent management, learning & development, performance management, workforce planning, culture building, DE&I initiatives, and more, all of which help further the goals of the organization. The HRBP role is both a strategic and hands-on position that provides full cycle Human Resources support to our corporate population. Particularly, you will be supporting our Fashion, Inventory, Marketing, Creative, Finance, Legal and Executive teams.
This is an office centric role that is based out of our Brooklyn, NY headquarters Monday-Thursday each week.
What You’ll Do
- Execute our HR and people focused initiatives, providing stellar internal stakeholder support and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement
- Support current processes and programs (such as our bi-annual review and compensation process, annual talent calibrations, onboarding plans, etc) and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures that drive continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within the company
- Guide and advise leaders in talent management leveraging prior experience and company programs, processes and policies
- Develop and drive creative and effective development, culture building, and retention programs
- Partners with leadership in the development of engagement action plans based on Employee Engagement Survey results in alignment with company goals
- Partner with senior leadership to drive performance management across the organization
- Facilitate, partner as necessary and use sound judgment to resolve employee relation concerns
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business or related field; advanced HR degree, SHRM/PHR Certification preferred
- 3+ years in a dedicated HRBP role in a fast paced environment with similar employee groups
- Familiarity with HR policies and compliance: FMLA, ADA, FLSA, EEO, OSHA, Safety, etc.
- The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously - orientated on results
- Experience interpreting and applying HR policies, procedures, programs and processes
- Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement
- A strong solution focus and be comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate resolutions
- Previous experience training management level
- Excellent problem solver with a proven track record of driving results
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Products, Internet navigation, HRIS systems
- Able to create, analyze, report and manipulate data as it relates to HR metrics
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Office centric work - our corporate employees and technical leaders have the option to work remotely on Fridays, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $99,000 - $123,000. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held.