Manager, Labor Planning
Rent the Runway is transforming the way we get dressed as the ultimate destination for circular fashion, offering infinite points of access to the world’s first Closet in the Cloud via a customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. Founded in 2009, the brand pioneered this concept across fashion, disrupting a $2.4 trillion industry and inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Job:
The Manager, Production & Labor Planning is responsible for executing and scaling Rent the Runway’s staffing strategy. In this role, you will be aggressively innovating in a number of areas aimed at propelling our customers’ experience by ensuring we have robust and optimal labor plans in our Fulfillment Centers. We are looking for a passionate, energetic Production & Labor Planning Manager who loves to get their hands dirty and will relentlessly drive quality, accuracy and efficiency in the planning process. This manager will own end to end weekly and daily planning, will recommend on-going hourly staffing plans and shift structures, and remain in lock-step with multiple business teams including Operations leadership, Finance and Transportation.
What You'll Do:
- Production Planning as well as cost and service optimization for the RTR network.
- Manage headcount staffing and scheduling for multiple locations across the US
- Build short/medium and long term operational plans for different global sites to optimize variable costs associated with staffing.
- Improve performance to plan by identifying, measuring and managing key metrics related to FC Operations.
- Lead critical projects to improve planning and forecasting efficiency and accuracy for global operations.
- Build working relationships with operational counterparts, acting as primary point of contact with the goal of driving continuous improvement along with maximum flexibility and responsiveness in the event of the unexpected.Participate in global operational and production planning initiatives and project rollouts to cater to growing business needs.
- Promote process improvement and standardization of processes across all sites in the network.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of all processes and policies.
- 5+ years of professional experience or relevant internships in a highly analytical, data intensive and/or strategic role, preferably with significant experience in Supply Chain and/or online retail
- BA/BS degree in Supply Chain, Analytics, Business Administration or other applicable field required
- MBA or relevant Master’s Degree (Operations, Supply Chain) from a graduate program with demonstrated high academic achievement preferred
- You are capable of making decisions independently
- You have a positive, “can-do” attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flex shifts, hours, nights and weekends as business dictates
- Strong analytical, organizational, and written/verbal communication skills
- Forward-thinkers with the ability to articulate point of view and improve processes
- Ability to quickly recognize, diagnose and solve for challenges
- Must operate with a sense of urgency and have attention to detail
- Align with the company's Core Values to ensure a world class customer experience
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.