Manager, Logistics- Operations Planning (Remote Eligible)
POSITION OBJECTIVE A highly challenging and rewarding position with responsibilities that span many aspects of Kohl's world-class supply chain. This position will manage a team of Logistics Professionals responsible for optimizing supply chain processes and operations. Tasks include efficiency, vendor relations, and transportation management.
supply change management
- Manage operational requirements, costs, and service to ensure timely movement of Returns to our partners. Receive and resolve day to day operational issues.
- Understand the "big picture" of Kohl's, identify and implement new, world-class supply chain capabilities
- Ensure all merchandise moves through supply chain within the time and cost standards established
- Standardize business metric reporting (cost & quality) to measure performance and enhance operations
- Be an advocate for our many customers. Track their changing needs and adjust your teams focus to provide value
- Identify project opportunities that deliver the highest value
- Identify and implement improvement programs focusing on cost control/reduction, transit time improvement, and process improvement
- Achieve goals on time and within budget. Track progress and communicate to the broader organization
- Constantly strive to improve the quality and efficiency of existing operations by implementing cost effective operational solutions
- Develop, negotiate, and maintain contracts for 3rd party service providers
- Implement and manage vendor scorecards and use them to continually improve vendor performance. Track performance of third party service providers. Lead external benchmarking.
- Analyze and summarize compliance and performance data to facilitate timely issue resolution and long term solutions
- Manages direct reports, systems and projects to achieve unit goals in accordance with Company policies, SLA’s and practices
- Prepares and analyze unit plans and reports
- Provides leadership by exhibiting influence and expertise, thus affecting the results of the operating area
- Creates an effective work environment by developing a common vision, setting clear objectives, expecting teamwork, recognizing outstanding performance and maintaining open communications.
- Develops staff through coaching, providing performance feedback, providing effective performance assessments and establishing performance and development plans.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or related field
- Five years Global Supply Chain Management or related experience
- Prior management experience
- Strong negotiation and organizational skills
For other Kohl's jobs, click herehere!