Manager, Merchandise Execution
Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. There's a reason we've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value and celebration. Macy's is also known for giving back to our communities.
The magic of Macy's ultimately comes alive in our stores, and our store colleagues are the ones making it happen. They provide outstanding customer service, create a memorable shopping experience, and drive sales results. A store position at Macy's (seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the perfect way to explore the world of retail. Some of Macy's top executives started their careers as part-time retail sales associates. Our store positions are ideal for forming relationships, building teams, and developing leadership skills to grow your career at Macy's. Macy's stores are ideal for building capability in creating partnerships, building teams, and developing the leaders of tomorrow. Macy's is the "Academy" for retail careers.
Our store management team has the privilege to lead, manage, and inspire a diverse and creative team in delivering store results. Part business consultant, part relationship guru, and 100% leader, you'll contribute and collaborate to drive the business forward. With frequent opportunities to advance, joining our store management team puts you on a fast-track to career success.
The Style Merchandise Execution Manager drives sales and profit by leading and developing strategies that deliver optimal merchandise execution standards and impactful visual presentation. The Style Merchandise Execution Manager leads a team of colleagues who are responsible for ensuring the merchandise in their Macy's Store is ready for the customer to shop. This role leads all activities from receipt of product to ensuring the product is floor ready for customer purchase. These activities include merchandising, product movement, price changes, signage, visual execution, event set-up and reverse logistics.
- Inspire Fashion and Style through compelling merchandise presentation and visual displays.
- Lead DEI through mannequin and trend displays inspiring customers to find their personal style.
- Drive sales and profit results by leading and developing strategies and appropriately planning/executing workload on the following: pricing, signing, visual execution, merchandise execution, event execution.
- Deliver impactful visual presentations (mannequin Styling, window displays, Trend statements, fixture placement and consistency, wall formats, visual collateral).
- Provide strategic support for own your style fixtures/fashion and trend set ups.
- Drive optimal merchandise execution standards, dissect seasonal and monthly execution guides and tailor to store architecture and assortment, following ADA standards, and seeking appropriate feedback from Division and Region partners.
- Actively seek and share best practice photos and actions with peers and team.
- Train and develop the Customer Experience Manager and hourly colleagues on merchandise placement execution and style, including visual elements.
- Execute the inventory management strategy in collaboration with Supply Chain to support end of year inventory process.
- Communicate and collaborate to support receipt flow, placement, and stockroom management.
- Ensure accuracy of promotional presentation, including visual signage, key item placement, and seasonal fashion trend statements; lead sales event set-up.
- Collaborate with Omni Operations Manager to oversee management of RFID program.
- Analyze merchandising reports to review business results and develop appropriate strategies to capitalize on business strengths and impact deficiencies.
- Foster an environment of safety and support MBA in risk/safety program.
- Facilitate effective workload planning process to accomplish tasks and plan appropriate time for merchandise and visual presentations to support the customer experience.
- Direct and organize merchandise receipt placement, replenishment and sales promotion set-up; plan, execute and lead floor/fixture moves, merchandise placement and presentation while ensuring compliance is maintained to support merchandise protection standards.
- Interview, hire, train, direct, manage, coach, develop, coordinate, evaluate, and discipline direct and indirect reports; establish strategy for work; provide insight and decision support; direct and manage team to meet or exceed performance and behavioral expectations; address complaints from and resolve problems with colleagues.
- Utilize review process as a tool for Colleague talent development, promotion and advancement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred, but not required.
- A minimum of 3-5 years retail management in a department or specialty store.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to draft reports and other communications, effectively present to management and internal and external business partners, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Exchange.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Self-motivated. Excellent organizational, prioritization, and time management skills.
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Must be proficient in the use of computers and RF equipment.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Highly organized, with the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Regularly required to sit, talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle, and feel.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms; occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs., climb ladders, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
- Requires close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.