Manager, Merchandising - Home
From part-time job opportunities and seasonal jobs to retail management careers, Bloomingdale’s has employment opportunities that fit your life and where you want to go. Get to know us better - fill out a job application and let’s get started.
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
Store Leaders are on the forefront of both the colleague and customer experience. Through their dynamic leadership style, interpersonal skills and business acumen, the Merchandise Manager (MM) inspires their team to bring the Bloomingdale's mission, to be like no other store in the world, to life. A leader's success is through the connectivity of their team and a Merchandise Manager is responsible for unlocking each member's individual motivation and goals. The Merchandise Manager delivers an approachable, energetic, style conscious and fun shopping experience through visual/merchandise presentation. The Merchandise Manager is aware of fashion trends, corporate and local directives and strategies devoted to growing volume. A partner to selling teams and support teams, the Merchandise Manager is responsible for the care, processing and presentation of front and back of house; maintaining orderly, functional and easy to access stock areas that facilitate the selling function.
- Oversees store presentation, merchandise implementation, floor moves and planning
- Understands comp business trend Plan/LY by using Branch comp and focus business reports
- Utilizes promotional calendar to set priorities and meet signing deadlines for store events
- Responsibly manages elements of profitability: shortage and adherence to audit standards
- Provides on-going training and developmental coaching to merchandising and selling teams
- Empowers merchandising and selling teams to ensure execution of all merchandise strategies, standards presentations and promotional events
- Supports all operational functions in the store location
ProfileQualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
- 3-5 years related experience
- Effectively communicate and present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, and all levels of internal and external business partners
- Ability to effectively plan and execute strategies
- Ability to monitor and maneuver workflow to achieve priorities
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- Requires periods of walking, standing, communicating, reaching, crouching, color vision and climbing ladders
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs