Manager of Advancement Operations- Repost
Under the supervision of the Assistant Vice President for Advancement, the Manager of Advancement Operations is responsible for providing leadership and support across all aspects of the Foundation's scholarship process and administration. The Manager of Advancement Operations will have a strong focus on managing the Foundation's budget, providing comprehensive weekly reports, and taking a leadership role in maintaining database integrity, prospect management, reporting, list preparation, data analysis, procedural enhancement, policy improvement, and overall area advancements. This role entails overseeing the development information system (Raiser's Edge), including alumni/donor database management, gift processing, and acknowledgments. This position involves establishing policies, procedures, and long-term strategies aligned with best practices in Advancement. The Manager should possess the ability to initiate, lead, and manage projects effectively. The role will provide essential data support to achieve the Foundation's fundraising goals.
- Provide timely, accurate, and comprehensive financial reports to internal and external stakeholders on a weekly basis, highlighting key budgetary trends and areas of focus.
- Manage the College's prospect management system, ensuring adherence to the model, maintaining data integrity, and adjusting the system as needed to meet evolving departmental needs.
- Oversee the Foundation's budget with meticulous attention, providing regular weekly reports that outline expenditures, allocations, and any variances, ensuring effective resource management.
- Assist the development team in achieving fundraising goals by identifying potential donors, preparing briefings, assessing capacity and inclination, monitoring progress, and supporting goal-setting.
- Oversee generation of accurate mailing and email lists, perform prospect research, and produce other data outputs from Raiser's Edge NXT for both internal and external use.
- Oversee and develop key reports for the Foundation to share internally and externally, including but not limited to scholarship performance reports, impact reporting, board-focused financial and performance reports, quarterly donor reports, and the Foundation's annual report (in collaboration with the Communications and External Relations team).
- Supervise the entry of contact reports into the Raiser's Edge database and update related information resulting from contact report submissions.
- Maintain a broad understanding of the functions and practices of the Advancement Operations unit, offering hands-on support and, as needed, project oversight.
- Manage the Assistant Manager of Advancement Operations and Database Administrator.
- Undertake other assigned development projects/events.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities required of the position; other duties may be assigned consistent with the classification of the position.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Five to seven years of experience in operations, advancement, development, or other business-related experience.
- Master's degree preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Collaborate with the Database Administrator for data extraction, including mailing lists, gift data, email lists, and daily data support requests from Foundation staff.
- Extensive experience working with budget management.
- Work with the Database Administrator to construct queries and maintenance reports for data integrity.
- Monitor data flow between Raiser's Edge and other systems, collaborating with various departments.
- Develop, document, and maintain procedures.
- Proficiency in conditional mail merges, with a focus on donor acknowledgement letters.
- Implement systems to streamline and automate routine data, gift entry, event tracking, and essential processes.
- Contribute to special projects like data appends and wealth screenings.
- Provide data and gift entry support for all CRM functions.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, analytical, strategic thinking, and leadership skills.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication, writing, editing, and presentation abilities.
- Operate independently, exercise sound judgment, and maintain confidentiality.
- Prioritize, meet deadlines, present solutions, and collaborate across departments.
- Display strong leadership, organizational, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in Raiser's Edge or similar CRM database system.
- Understand and articulate the accomplishments and goals of the organization.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships and communication at various levels, both internally and externally.
- Demonstrate sound judgment, diplomacy, and commitment to confidentiality.
- Experience in strategic planning, organization, administration, and budgeting is advantageous.
- Willingness to quickly grasp FIT's history, mission, demographics, and culture to effectively represent the organization.
Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled. Successful completion of a background check is required for appointment to this position once an offer has been made.
Starting Salary: $75,00.00 - $85,000.00 per year; commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Days/Hours: M-F, 9am-5pm, in person; work schedule subject to change based on needs of the department.
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT) provides comprehensive employee benefit programs designed to help keep our faculty and staff and their families healthy, safe, happy, and productive. Our programs also include a variety of components to help our employees improve the quality and balance of their work and family lives, and to help them prepare for their futures.
- Retirement Plans
- Health Care Plan and Dental Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Commuter Benefit Plan
- FIT Tuition Exemption Program
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal, Sick and Holidays)
- 4-day Summer Workweek
For a full list of FIT benefits, visit our benefits webpage .
Pay Equity by State Employers
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Fashion Institute of Technology is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement
FIT is firmly committed to creating an environment that will attract and retain people of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds. By providing a learning and working environment that encourages, utilizes, respects, and appreciates the full expression of every individual's ability, the FIT community fosters its mission and grows because of its rich, pluralistic experience. FIT is committed to prohibiting discrimination, whether based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, religion, ethnic background, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military service status, genetic information, pregnancy, familial status, citizenship status (except as required to comply with law), or any other criterion prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FIT is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment, including the opportunity for upward mobility for all qualified individuals. Applications from minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged. Inquiries regarding FIT's non-discrimination policies may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, 212 217.3360, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Requirements
This position will be required to constantly read and comprehend, occasionally perform calculations, constantly verbally communicate, constantly analyze, and constantly write. The working conditions for this position will be on campus, primarily in an office environment. The physical requirement for this position will require constant sitting, constant standing, occasional bending, occasional walking, and occasionally lifting 10 lbs. or less.
In order to be considered for the position, you must submit the following documents online:
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcript
- A list of three references with telephone numbers and email addresses
Returning Applicants- Login to your FITNYC Careers Account to check your completed application.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding his or her application status.
For more information about FIT, please visit FIT's website at: http://www.fitnyc.edu .
About Fashion Institute of Technology:
The Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), part of the State University of New York and an internationally renowned college of art, design, business and technology with a strong emphasis on liberal arts, invites nominations and applications for a Manager of Advancement Operations in the FIT Foundation.