Manager of International Merchandising
Headquartered in Southern California, Skechers has spent nearly 30 years helping men, women and kids everywhere look and feel good. Developing comfort technologies is at the foundation of all that we do—delivering stylish, innovative, and quality products at a reasonable price. From our diverse footwear offering to a growing range of apparel and accessories, Skechers is a complete lifestyle brand.
With international business representing over half of our total sales, we have product available in more than 170 countries and significant opportunities for continued expansion worldwide. We sell our collections direct to consumers through more than 4,000 Skechers stores around the globe and Skechers e-commerce sites, as well as through a network of third-party partners.
A MULTI-BILLION-DOLLAR GLOBAL LEADER IN THE FOOTWEAR INDUSTRY.Job DescriptionJOB PURPOSE-Manage assortments with our partners for Skecher’s Distributor retail stores. Effectively communicate company key initiatives, product features/benefits and store selling. Communicate all aspects of merchandising in Skecher Distributor stores and ecommerce from product selection, assortment planning, store presentation, inventory position, and marketing campaigns.
Essential Job Results-
- Manage the merchandise direction and strategy across all genders and divisions for Skechers distributor retail stores and Ecommerce.ly
- Curate assortments by channel building good, better, best strategies for Concept, Outlet, and Ecommerce
- Analyze country selling by division/outsole/style/sku to identify trends and best sellers for partners to react on and maximize
- Review weekly US selling to leverage best sellers, product opportunities, and business initiatives across the globe.
- Collaborate with Planning team on creating seasonal sku plans by division and managing in-store inventory needs and stock levels in order to maximize sales
- Work in partnership with Planning team on pre-season planning by identifying over and underperforming categories to build stronger merchandising and assortment strategies for the upcoming season
- Collaborate with Product Development teams on what’s selling in our distributor Skecher stores.
- Partner with store operations on new store openings reviewing planograms to identify category/gender breakdown, store capacity and sku count capabilities to meet the needs of the market and Skechers standards.
- Work closely with Marketing for in-store marketing initiatives to ensure consistent brand image by supporting key product launches and initiatives in store windows and focal tables
- Monthly/Quarterly conference calls with partners to discuss current state of the business, opportunities and misses within each market.
- Educate, train, and coach employees on product/category knowledge, instruct them on product features and benefits
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience managing a team of direct reports including hiring, development and motivating of subordinates.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (including pivot tables and v-lookups)\ Excellent product sensibility and conceptual ability
- Micro Strategy and Dossier experience.
- Ability to adapt to ever changing priorities
- Comprehensive understanding of retail math
- Strong analytical, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to take initiative, ownership and accountability for business
- Strong sense of teamwork and ability to multi-task
- Strong leadership skills with ability to motivate and develop a team
- Optimistic and Entrepreneurial
- Complete and comprehensive experience with merchandising global footwear/apparel product
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a multi-task environment with a sense of urgency
- Well-organized with focused attention to detail
- 8-10 years of Merchandising experience with large volume of SKUs
- Bachelor’s degree
- International and footwear experience preferred
- Sales background a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Qualifications-To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS-While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.