Manager, Permanent Merchandising
CHANEL is looking for a Manager of Merchandising and Displays to join our Retail Store Environment Team in New York. This role will help to support the team in servicing both internal and external clients at retail point of sale, with an objective of elevating the merchandising experience, while aligning with business priorities. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Permanent Merchandising, the role will manage forecasts, allocations, and guidelines for merchandising elements and support a variety of store planning and merchandising initiatives.
The Manager, Merchandising and Display will collaborate cross-functionally across the organization with Marketing, Planning, Sales, Visual Merchandising, Operations, Production, and Global Partners – and will have a direct impact on CHANEL’s image at point-of-sale in Fragrance and Beauty. This role will be integral to the holistic merchandising of existing counters as well as newly renovated counters. They will be responsible for educating the Field on displays and planograms, while also being a close collaborator with Marketing to support merchandising for launches.What impact you can create at CHANEL:
- Manage projects end-to-end that will have a direct impact on our presence at point-of-sale
- Help in the creation of a NEW merchandising database system, to help bring greater efficiency in the way the team services our clients; continue to manage system moving forward
- Identify opportunities and work cross-functionally to optimize the forecasting and allocation process to mitigate merchandising display counter care requests, inventory shortages, and overages through close collaboration with Operations
- Streamline the Store Opening process by improving collateral order templates and store opening guides
- Manage and evolve templatization and communication of merchandising and planogram guidelines to strengthen The Field’s knowledge on displays and collateral and execution of items at point of sale
- Act as the subject expert of the counter landscape, merchandising collateral, and forecast process be key point person to influence database evolution
- Showing fearless curiosity by being comfortable in complexity and ambiguity
- Displaying agility by showing personal flexibility and cultivating a growth mindset through resiliency
- Building collaborative relationships across the division and with Field members
- Improving and maintaining CHANEL’s image at point of sale by being knowledgeable about the competitive counter landscape and educating others
- Being able to work autonomously
- Experience with in-store execution, knowledge of planograms and creating visual standards + implementation experience
- Strong passion for in-store client experience and understanding of visual principles
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills to deliver against varying deadlines
- Learning agility and ability to creatively problem-solve in a fast-paced environment; ability to balance multiple tasks
- Ability to process information quickly and draw conclusions
- Strong computer skills: all Microsoft Office programs a must; Smartsheet a plus
- 3+ years of experience in point-of-sale merchandising, with project management experience; managing multiple projects different scope and size
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to travel 20-30%
- How to lead a project from conception to execution
- Working cross-functionally with large teams and global partners
- Project management and indirect influence
The anticipated base salary range for this position is $47,400 through $110,000. Base salary is one component of the total compensation for this position. Other components [may/will] include additional compensation, benefits and perks.
Chanel is a private company whose values are grounded in creating the conditions for people to perform at their best and feel fulfilled and confident in their work. We offer a unique work environment where individuals are encouraged to better understand the brand, the business, and motivations, so that together we can unlock the possibilities of growth. This is reflected in:Diversity and Inclusion
- At CHANEL, we are intentional in promoting Diversity & Inclusion. We foster respect, empathy and dignity for all. We believe strongly that the diversity of our people across the full spectrum of human differences is essential to our organisation and the connections we have with each other and our clients.
- We offer Employee Resource Groups in the US that are voluntary, open to all, employee-led groups formed around a shared identity or lived experience, whose aim is to foster a diverse, inclusive, and equitable community aligned with the values and missions of the communities they support.
- CHANEL Community empowers our employees to channel their passions, talents and sense of purpose to contribute to and learn from our communities.
- Employees are encouraged to take time off annually to volunteer through CHANEL Community. CHANEL also matches employee donations to select charitable organizations.
- Since 2011, Fondation CHANEL’s mission is for women and girls to be free to shape their own destiny. Through multi-year partnerships with financial and technical support, Fondation CHANEL is committed to improving the safety and autonomy of women and adolescent girls around the world, impacting over a million women and girls in its first 10 years.
- For more information, please navigate to the Fondation Chanel website here
- CHANEL Mission 1.5° is our climate action plan. It is focused on transforming the business in line with the ambitions of the Paris Agreement on climate change to limit the average global mean temperature increase to 1.5 degrees Celsius above preindustrial levels.
- Employees are encouraged to contribute to our US Sustainability efforts at the corporate level and within the divisions, through organized taskforces and initiatives.
- We are committed to extending our legacy of cultural engagement. Global support includes the CHANEL Culture Fund, which supports a select group of leading art culture institutions across the globe, and the CHANEL Next Prize for the next generation of creative talent. US support currently includes Annual sponsorship of the MoMA film program, Tribeca Film Festival programs and Through Her Lens, Support of the Academy Gold Fellowship for Women and Sponsorship of the BAAND Together Dance Festival at Lincoln Center.
- We have dedicated in-house teams focused on supporting the onboarding of employees, developing leadership skills via custom programs like Imagine Chanel People, Heart of Leadership and group and individual coaching, and blended online and live classes offered on our Bloom platform and by skilled trainers, such as Shape Your Career, to develop career building skills.
- Base salary, bonus potential and other forms of variable pay [may/will be] offered for this position
- Flexibility (flexible time and hybrid work options)
- Wellbeing resources include dedicated paid time off for wellbeing (2-week August Office Closure and Wellbeing Days in Retail) and a Wellbeing fund
- Family and care giving benefits (inclusive of parental leave, fertility support, MilkStork, and Care.com Membership)
- Generous paid time off policies to include vacation, holiday, sick and volunteer days
- 401K, pension and other incentives
- Robust healthcare offerings; medical, dental, vision, MDLIVE (virtual care), One Medical, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care & Dependent Care), Health Savings Account and Employee Assistance Program
- Life insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Health Advocate, International Business Travel Accident & Medical, and Commuter Transit & Parking
- Chanel, Inc. benefits and perks are dependent on eligibility and subject to modification by Chanel at any time.