Manager Responsive Supply & Inventory Planning Express Lane
Beaverton, Oregon, USAPosted 8 days ago
Job descriptionWHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We're looking for a North America (NA) Express Lane Supply & Inventory Planning Manager, who will advise and lead a team in charge of planning all Express Lane supply and inventory. Express Lane is Nike's extraordinary responsive/speed initiative passionate about serving the consumer by having their crucial products available where and when they shop through a fast, flexible value chain.
This role will support and participate in the supply and inventory strategies, planning execution, serving as the Express Lane team's primary point of contact for supply & inventory planning needs. This candidate will support representation for S&IP at the Express Lane Table, storytelling overall supply health, risks and opportunities. Recommending supply crafting strategies based on marketplace insights, inventory goals, and product hierarchy is an expectation. This role leads integration of capability work within Express Lane. This role partners cross-functionally, representing IP, and explaining key metrics and actions.
This person will need to optimally collaborate with cross-functional team members on a regular basis and proactively address, resolve, and/or raise any operational issues affecting the timely purchasing of product and E2E inventory health.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
A typical week revolves around the planning process to ensure that materials are planned & purchased on the appropriate timelines under Demand Supply Management (DSM) function while supporting the marketplace supply strategy supporting global inventory health targets.
You will be responsible for implementing and leading supply commitments through creation of purchase orders (POs) for procurement of Nike's finished goods and the management of buy exceptions! You will maintain any changes to POs, including product movement from factory to distribution center. You will review POs for conformance to company policy and may address issues related to delivery. You will lead safety stock parameters to ensure we achieve service level targets with our customers.
You'll be conducting analysis to proactively identify challenges, at the same time be able to story tell, driving clarity for your key partners thru key business metrics (PIFOT-Planned in Full On Time, Coverage, Unplanned, and Inventory Health). You will be asked to be the subject matter authority (SME) on projects and support key initiatives that have an impact to our day-to-day business.
You will proactively drive strategy and be responsible for the team through actions to keep a healthy inventory position in the assigned business. You will bring to bear multiple reports and dashboards to review key metrics, bring up any issues that will cause unfulfilled demand and/or a delay to the encouraged timelines. You will report and communicate to consumer planning teams delivery expectations, risks and opportunities to drive inventory health.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You will report into the Responsive Supply & Inventory Planning Director, working closely with Consumer Planning, Marketplace Planning, and Marketplace Operations teams to ensure your inventory ownership supports Nike, Inc. E2E targets. You will also work closely with upstream supply chain partners in Global Supply Planning.
ProfileWHAT YOU BRING
- Minimum of 7 years of supply/inventory planning, or supply chain experience required
- Experience leading a team of direct reports
- Excellent written, spoken and visual communication skills. Specifically, well demonstrated capability converting sophisticated concepts into easy to interpret stories that resonate across a varied audience
- Flexibility in switching from strategic to tactical and operational levels of thinking and working, specifically in strategy deployment.
- Outstanding interpersonal, influencing and facilitation skills with the ability to work both cross-functionally and cross-culturally, specifically encouraging positive relationships between key players and immediate team
- Validated analytical skills, finding relevant information within large data sets and build executive story
- Prior experience with replenishment strategies and make-to-stock inventory models preferred
- Solid understanding of Excel (pivot tables, formulas, macros)
- Prior SAP experience preferred
- Microsoft Power Business Intelligence experience preferred
- Shown understanding of Tableau & Cognos
- Must have tolerance for a sophisticated, constantly evolving and dynamic work environment
- Ability to demonstrate good decision making in ambiguous circumstances
- Participate on projects, including system releases, as assigned