Manager, Talent Development Partner, Wholesale
an American luxury brand known for beautiful, timeless pieces and rich storytelling that evokes optimism and joy. Tory is a fashion designer who draws inspiration from her parents’ effortless style, the worlds of travel, art and interiors, and women globally. The collections include ready-to-wear, handbags, footwear, accessories, jewelry, home and beauty. Empowering women is the company’s guiding principle, underpinning the design philosophy and company culture, and driving the work of the Tory Burch Foundation.
You areseeking a work environment where people are encouraged to dream, explore, discover and, as important, laugh together. If you’re prepared to work hard, create impact, and have fun while doing it, we would love to have you join #TeamTory. Apply today!
Life @ToryBurch is Special Because:When you join us, you’re joining a global, purpose-led company on an exciting growth journey with an amazing culture and great benefits.
- Our culture is welcoming and inclusive -- everyone is empowered to make a difference.
- We have the best team in the world and believe in paying competitively and rewarding for high performance.
- Your overall well-being is important to us; we offer generous benefits to help you take care of your mental and physical health, create financial security, and achieve wellness in all areas of your life.
- We love seeing our employees wear our beautiful collections. You’ll receive a generous employee discount and access to exclusive sample sales.
- We are invested in your professional growth – you’ll have access to free executive coaching on-demand.
- We believe in the importance of giving back and you’ll have many opportunities to do just that through the Tory Burch Foundation and paid volunteer days.
You are a primary HR business partner for the Corporate Wholesale Team and will provide additional support to other client areas both retail and corporate as needed. This role will primarily support the Talent initiatives for Wholesale Corporate and Field Employees. You’re also resourceful and collaborative “pulse” on our employee population, the culture and dynamics in the departments, and to suggest strong talent solutions and initiatives to support our business. A sense of humor is a plus!
A Day In The LifeThe typical day is… atypical, as no two days are the same. You might be coaching managers for feedback or difficult conversations, navigating complex employee relation issues, identifying training needs and solutions, navigating organizational design conversations, providing clarity on policies and procedures, conducting exit interviews, managing annual processes, and so much more. This role will primarily provide Talent partnership and support to the Wholesale team and will include opportunities to work on different ad-hoc projects as well as to support additional teams as needed.
To Land This Role
- 5 years as a Talent/Business Partner supporting a sales, creative or commercial organization
- Bachelor's degree or requisite experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and inspire confidence during interactions at all levels both internally and externally
- Outstanding judgment, problem-solving, analytical and organizational skills with the ability to make timely proactive decisions and recommendations
- Demonstrated experience managing, deescalating and resolving employee relations issues
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing priorities effectively
The Talent Team sits at the epicenter of every important business initiative. As our Founder Tory often says, “Cash is King, but Culture is Queen!” Every great Talent professional knows that having a seat at the table is essential for delivering impact. When you join our Talent Team that’s a given. Our business leaders rely on our judgment and engage with us as essential thought partners. Whether you’re designing a benefits strategy that helps us to support our team members and their families, coaching our leaders through organizational transformations or creating talent acquisition practices that distinguish us in the market – you’ll be able to see and feel the impact of your work.
How We Work Together
- Adaptable – We change before we have to
- Entrepreneurial – We own it
- Collaborative – There’s no “I” in Tory
- Client & Brand Focused – We put ourselves in Tory’s shoes
- Live the Values – We show up for each other
- Functional Expertise – We’re constantly learning and growing
We show up with honesty & kindness, act with integrity & compassion, work with passion & humility and lead with excellence & humor.
Equal Employment Opportunity StatementTory Burch LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law. Likewise, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Disability AccommodationTory Burch is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require assistance or an accommodation with the hiring process, please contact [email protected]
NYC COVID-19 Vaccination RequirementTory Burch requires new hires employed in New York City to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 per the order of the Commissioner of Health and Mental Hygiene to Require COVID19 Vaccination in the Workplace. Tory Burch provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).