Manager, Visual Merchandising
Bring Your Amazing Self to Work
At Macy's, Inc. we're on a mission to create a brighter future with bold representation for all. This is our Mission Every-One. We know that each person here is unique. So we respect and invest in each individual to create growth, pride, and satisfaction. If we are able to bring our whole selves to work, it translates into a more abundant and wider array of ideas and energy for all to benefit from. Our success will be built on amazing colleagues, working together.
The Manager, Visual Merchandising enhances the customer experience through creative merchandise presentations, seasonal fashion trend statements, and three-dimensional visual displays. They will refresh styles and outfits presentations frequently to engage repeat and new customers. Collaborating with Style Merchandise Managers, they establish a symbiotic partnership focusing on workload planning, new receipt placement, and visual styling to create a cohesive customer experience. The Manager, Visual Merchandising inspires customers by strategically placing visual elements, recruits’ colleagues with creative and style talent expertise, analyzes business reports for strategic decision-making, ensures promotional accuracy, and coordinates merchandise moves with other store leaders. Additionally, the Visual Manager will implement policies and procedures, and guide store management on merchandising standards and techniques.
What You Will Do
- Re-establish training standards, experiences, and tools to enhance institutional skill levels.
- Increase the frequency of style/outfit refreshes to excite repeat and attract new customers. Test the frequency and detail of VMDs.
- Foster a symbiotic partnership between the Style Merchandise Manager and Visual Manager, coordinating workload planning, new receipt placement, visual styling, and setting sales to optimize the customer experience.
- Evaluate and enhance the customer's shopping experience by strategically placing visuals in relevant areas. Create captivating in-store displays that boost sales and increases store profitability.
- Pays meticulous attention to detail in arranging displays and ensuring merchandise is presented in an enticing and organized manner.
- Analyze reports to review business results, taking appropriate action to capitalize on strengths and address deficiencies. Partner with the Executive team to ensure a high level of execution.
- Ensure the accuracy of promotional presentations, merchandise placement, seasonal fashion trend statements, and sales and event setups.
- Coordinate selling floor fixture and merchandise moves with other Store Leaders.
- Establish a high level of shortage awareness and effectiveness, ensuring the implementation of all policies and procedures.
- Guide store management and support teams on merchandising standards, proper fixture utilization, and techniques.
Possess a deep understanding of visual merchandising concepts, creative presentation, and three-dimensional display techniques.
Leadership and Collaboration: Foster a symbiotic partnership with Style Merchandise Managers, optimizing workload planning and visual styling.
Training and Development: Ability to re-establish training standards and enhance institutional skill levels. Capable of guiding and coaching colleagues to uphold high visual standards and inspire a cohesive team focused on achieving visual excellence.
Strategic Thinking: Analytical skills to evaluate business reports, make strategic decisions, and capitalize on strengths while addressing deficiencies.
Customer Focus: Enhance the customer experience by strategically placing visual elements to inspire and engage both repeat and new customers.
Passion for Retail: Exhibits a genuine passion for the retail industry, staying updated on industry trends and seeking continuous improvement in the in-store experience.
Adaptability: Able to adapt quickly to changing fashion trends and market preferences, adjusting visual strategies accordingly.
Recruitment: Effectively recruit generalists with relevant experience, creative talent, and a focus on visual execution and style inspiration as well as support the store's visual workload.
Coordination and Communication: Coordinate with other Store Leaders for selling floor fixtures and merchandise moves. Communicate effectively to guide store management and support teams on merchandising standards, policies, and procedures.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail: Ensure accuracy in promotional presentations, merchandise placement, seasonal fashion trend statements, and sales and event setups.
Shortage Awareness: Establish and maintain a high level of shortage awareness and effectiveness, implementing loss prevention policies and procedures.
Who You Are
- Dedicated to fulfilling ideals of diversity, inclusion, and respect that Macy’s aspires to achieve every day in every way.
- Candidates with a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in a related field are encouraged to apply.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills; ability to draft reports and other communications; present to management and internal and external business partners; interpret technical documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; compute rate, ratio, and percent; draw and interpret bar graphs.
- This position requires heavy lifting, constant moving, standing, and reaching with arms and hands. Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours, lifting at least 30 lbs. stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders. May involve reaching above eye level. Requires close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- An inclusive, challenging, and refreshingly fun work environment
- Competitive pay and benefits rooted in principles of equity
- Performance incentives and annual merit review
- Merchandise discounts
- Health and Wellness Benefits across medical, dental, vision, and additional insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with 401k match opportunity
- Employee Assistance Program (mental health counseling and legal/financial advice)
- Resources for continuous learning, career growth, and leadership development
- 8 paid holidays
- Paid Time Off (first year prorated depending on start date)
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Guild education benefit funds 100% of tuition, books, and fees in designated programs
- Colleague Resource Groups (CRGs) and give-back/volunteer opportunities
- Empowerment and autonomy to perform impactful work with tangible results
Now is an exciting time for a Macy's career as we continue to focus on creating exciting and memorable experiences for every Macy's customer, whether their journey starts online or in the store. Our opportunities in Sales, Merchandise, Operations, Customer Service, Warehouse, Marketing, and other areas let you express your creativity and commitment to excellence, grow your career and make a difference to your Macy's colleagues and customers.
Bring your creativity, energy, and ideas to the Macy's team – Apply Today!
This position may be eligible for performance-based incentives/bonuses. Benefits include 401k, medical/vision/dental/life/disability insurance options, PTO accruals, Holidays, and more. Eligibility requirements may apply based on location, job level, classification, and length of employment. Additional benefit details are available at macysJOBS.com.